Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-27-2005, 08:18 PM   #1
george3soccer
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via AIM to george3soccer
Problems

Must be simple, its a problem that I am having with installing friends system, everything is working fine everything gets power including amp, reciever, and well no major problems. I have preformed the most toughest troubleshoots. Including rewiring the speaker wires to the front individuals and the rear individuals. I have also rewired the ground in a few spots including sanding down the spot. I have made sure it has been taking a good 12v supply, and well the ground is deffinitly good. This is the sinario, I start up the reciever everything turns on even the amp it gets power, I turn the radio on all the speakers work, just it feels like all the speakers are running on a very low treb. This might be true as that I have reversed the true polarity, as in positive and negative terminals on the speakers alone. Can someone maybe post a few troubleshoots to actually fined out why the speakers are just different the music that comes out of the speakers doesn't come out loud and clear. It feels like it is having not enought power I am running a Infinity refrence amp series 1210a, I will be powering it to about 2 subs in a few days just have to figure out this problem first. Do you guys think that could be the problem that the speakers polarity is switched from positive to negative and vice versa. thanxs for everything. If you guys need anymore info. just PM me or just post away.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:41 PM   #2
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

I hate troubleshooting someone else work so far away but I will try.....polarty is a start if speaker goes out you are fine if in you are not.....the gain on the amp....ok let me know how it goes
paul christians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 10:30 AM   #3
1fast325
2nd Gear Member

ok thanxs guys for all the answers, and well I got another question, I have this set up almost done and found out what the problem, after a few hrs. finding out whats the problem. But my question is where is the stock antenna, or the factory stock BMW amp that came with the car. Thanxs guys for everything.
1fast325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 01:02 PM   #4
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

do not use it go with a after market one.........
paul christians is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: