Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-26-2005, 03:01 AM   #1
axed
1st Gear Newbie

xtant 403a configuration blues

hello there, im farily an audio n00b but you gatta start somewhere... so ive recently installed an xtant 403a amp and an image dynamics 12" sub into my e30 that already had an alpine 9833 headunit from a while back and have been having a few issues with the resuslts.

ive posted my problem on 2 different boards already. so rather then just repeat myself ill post the links. both posts are well detailed with my products used and my problem/issues. the second post has a link to a diagram i made in paint showing how i wired things. i would like to just mention before you read it a few times in my posts that all i am trying to do with this amp and sub is to power the sub. i havnt tackled speaker rewiring/repowering so my issue is only with a sub, an amp, and obviously my headunit.

post 1: most recent post, my current situation. not as detailed as the other but a quick rundown of whats happening with links to product info/manuals.
http://www.e30tech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4981

post 2: more detailed but older. has link to product info/manuals... note this is the oldest of posts so my replies in this thread are updates to whats going on. but post 1 is more recent and current status.
http://www.r3vlimited.com/phpBB2/vie...=210262#210262

once again to remind, i am getting sound out of my amp but my gain jumper on my amp is up one level from how it came in the box (@20db now when it used to be 10db) and my headunits sub output is turned all the way up (+15) i dont think i shoudl have to do all these modifiers to get the sub to sound right. im pretty sure my problem is that i need some help configuring my amp jumpers.

thanks a bunch to anyone who bothered to read, and if you can offer some help i would love it even more. my car has been sitting in my driveway all torn up inside for 4 days now as i refuse to clean it all up until i get this thing working right. i hope this forum can succeed where the previous two have failed. once again, if you cant help but know of a forum or site i can go to that will help then please post a link. again, sorry for all the long posts but im trying to be as detailed as possible to help others help me.
axed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 04:08 AM   #2
axed
1st Gear Newbie

just to update, a mod at r3v started helping me out tonight, so ive gotten pretty far with him. my current status is my most recent posts on that.

and for the lazy ones. it seems im only giving my 2ohm sub 100 or 200 watts through the mono channel... which would explain why it sounds weak. if i adjust my gains would it hurt my amp or sub permenantly? or do gains just create more distortion th ehigher you go and are safe.
axed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 08:58 AM   #3
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Gain just turns up your sub faster than the rest of your speakers, to make it louder relative to the interior speakers.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: