Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-24-2002, 12:32 PM   #1
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
Test drove a riced out neon today...

I have a friend who bought a riced out neon with full veilside or whatever body kit, intake, exhaust, stick shift, upgraded clutch, blah blah blah.

It looks really nice, and is very sharp i have to say. I couldn't tell it was a neon at first with all the mods.

My friend wanted me to test drive it because he's not very good this being his first car and so on, and he wanted to see if the car had some guts.

***YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!***

this car had to be one of the worst cars i've ever driven. I dont know if it's neons, or these cheap inline six's but i had the rev the car to almost 5000rpm before it even had any take off. The car shook like crazy at high speeds, and there was so much wind noise we had to turn up the stereo so loud my ears hurt to even hear the thing.

The car sounded really nice under the hood, but sounded like a fart can on the back. I could swear the spoiler was causing me to drift too much and have shakey steering as well.

Off the line, my 2.5L automatic bimmer could kill this thing right to the end. I dont think he'd ever catch up.
We raced an integra just for fun, we won, but that's not saying much. I didn't have that adrenaline rush like i do in my bimmer, probably because we really weren't going that fast. This car loses the driving feel of the bmw in the way that it feels like you're floating across the road rather than driving on it.
I didn't tell my friend any of this stuff, i just say "oh yeah, it's pretty nice, good purchase...maybe we'll race sometime"

as long as he's happy that's cool i guess. But honestly,i dont see the point in modding a neon, it's sucha piece of garbage it makes me laugh no whenever i see one done up.

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 01:48 PM   #2
Bliss
Administrator

haha! Good thing you never met up with one of these, or might of been in trouble.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sun.jpg (10.4 KB, 92 views)

For maXbimmer decals, please email info@maxbimmer.com
Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 02:16 PM   #3
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
eww yuck
that thing is fugly

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 02:33 PM   #4
KIRASIR
Your Nightmare

I've raced a few of those Sunfires GT in my GEO Storm. They are pretty slow. I agree they are ugly.

SL
KIRASIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 03:05 PM   #5
Phantom
Automation geek

Once you've driven a bimmer you're hooked on performance, engine response blah blah....... Oh no!! We're all doomed. We're gonna be driving these things forever. It's a disease I tell you. No known cure........sob.......It's really bad with me.....sob. I even talk to the damn car. I say goodnight everyday and keep her paging system by my bed just in case someone tries to violate her.!! I need help.........
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 04:51 PM   #6
dragnflysandler
1st Gear Newbie

crx's

it really sux here in Indiana. There seems to be a influenza of riced crx's running around. and these kids cruise every weekend. so when i take the 2002 out, they're all like "wow, what kinda car is that".
i cannot stress enough, that when i get this "02" done, i can't wait to smoke these kids with a car that was made before they were even born. my 91 318i keeps up with the riced out cars already. i haven't done a thing to it. i took a guy for a ride that i used to work by. he has a 2000 civic. it is pretty nice for a ricer, and he had no idea bimmers could handle the way they do, even stock. a 40 mph off ramp at 80 is like nothing for a bimmer.
i just hope these kids wise up with age.....but don't count on it.

-sandler
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thoughts.jpg (22.1 KB, 79 views)
dragnflysandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 04:53 PM   #7
dragnflysandler
1st Gear Newbie

oh my god

.... and oh my god.... i had no idea they could make a sunfire look any worse than it already did.

-sandler
Old 01-24-2002, 06:29 PM   #8
AzN_E46
3rd Gear Member

there are otehr cars that you can drive other than a bimmer
ferrari,porsche,lamborghni...
Old 01-24-2002, 07:58 PM   #9
dragnflysandler
1st Gear Newbie

i guess so. but i can't picture myself in anything else.

-sandler

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: