Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-07-2004, 03:42 PM   #46
vinay
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_namer
read the ingredients... im sure some of them will be stuff me and justin are talking about...

how long did it take for it to melt the ice?

try it out... put it in a spray bottle and give 'er a go.

I had used it on the windows the night before before it rained.... then when it iced "over it" .. it wasnt icy.. just stayed liquidy ...

im going to try putting it in a spray bottle... i just hope washer fluid dripping on my doors isnt bad for the paint
vinay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 03:46 PM   #47
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay
I had used it on the windows the night before before it rained.... then when it iced "over it" .. it wasnt icy.. just stayed liquidy ...

im going to try putting it in a spray bottle... i just hope washer fluid dripping on my doors isnt bad for the paint
exactly what I do when I park... I spray it on, and leave it. This can get expensive though, but should work just the same...
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 03:52 PM   #48
vinay
2nd Gear Member

not expensive for $3 washer fluid jugs !!!!!!!

1 jug will last a niec month probably
Old 12-07-2004, 04:00 PM   #49
super_namer
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
not expensive for $3 washer fluid jugs !!!!!!!

1 jug will last a niec month probably
maybe i will use that to mix with my solution instead of normal widsheild washer fluid...

thing is, for my solution, it costs about 4$ to make about 500mL. which = about one spray bottle... plus fluid so about 7$
plus 3 cars used daily... and with continuous shitty weather, i can see the bottle gone in about 2 weeks time. 7x3 = 21 x 2 = 42$ a month to satisfy my lazy ass... lol
super_namer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 04:02 PM   #50
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by super_namer
maybe i will use that to mix with my solution instead of normal widsheild washer fluid...

thing is, for my solution, it costs about 4$ to make about 500mL. which = about one spray bottle... plus fluid so about 7$
plus 3 cars used daily... and with continuous shitty weather, i can see the bottle gone in about 2 weeks time. 7x3 = 21 x 2 = 42$ a month to satisfy my lazy ass... lol
But that is $42 well spent.
It costs around $2.50 for me to make a bottle... around 500ml as well I think?.. Dunno, I use an old Febreze bottle... too lazy to buy a new one. Also confuses everyone when they see me "freshening" my windows.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 04:11 PM   #51
super_namer
2nd Gear Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
But that is $42 well spent.
It costs around $2.50 for me to make a bottle... around 500ml as well I think?.. Dunno, I use an old Febreze bottle... too lazy to buy a new one. Also confuses everyone when they see me "freshening" my windows.

lol i use an old prosolve bottle and people are like why are you using carpet cleaner on your windows?!?!

i helped out my neighbour by spraying her windows and she freaked cuz she thought i was putting prosolve on there...
Old 12-07-2004, 04:19 PM   #52
vinay
2nd Gear Member

this is the first time im driving RWD in winter.. seems like every time i hit snow my rear end slips a little.. makes me nervous!
Old 12-07-2004, 04:28 PM   #53
super_namer
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
this is the first time im driving RWD in winter.. seems like every time i hit snow my rear end slips a little.. makes me nervous!
do you have ASC and what kinda winter tires you got on there?
Old 12-07-2004, 07:07 PM   #54
vinay
2nd Gear Member

yes, I have ASC and ABS .. got some Pirelli Winter tires on .. not sure which exact model.... they came with the car
Old 12-07-2004, 11:27 PM   #55
super_namer
2nd Gear Member

sooo.... a little update for you guys...

we had a shitload of freezing rain here in ottawa....
so i have an exam tomorrow so i went out just now to get some timmy ho's coffee....
i go out to the suburban and its like a big 2 tonne block of ice....
about 1/8 to 1/4 thick layer of ice...

let me tell you, i used up the whoe bottle of solution... it did nothing... haha
i guess it has its limits.
damn.

took me a long time to get all that shit off just for a 2 min drive to get coffee...
Old 12-08-2004, 06:38 AM   #56
markierant
2nd Gear Member

Its useless to idle your car cuz heat is proportional to power. When your engine idles it develops about 5-10 HP, thus not much heat, when you drive it it develops much more HP and heats up quicker. 30 sec. does the trick to get all the fluids circulated, and eazy going for about 5 min.
markierant is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: