Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Private Classifieds Feedback
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-22-2004, 07:10 PM   #121
BMW_M52_M20
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to BMW_M52_M20 Send a message via Yahoo to BMW_M52_M20
I bought a momo wheel which was Jon's, off of Randy. Obviously everything went fine.

A) Bart is in the wrong here, deposits are refundable, even at dealerships. On the other hand $280.00 as a deposit is way to light in my opinion and that would have led me to believe the deal would never happen.

When I sold the E36 $1000.00 deposit was made and they had a certain amount of days to wire the money or the deal was off and the deposit went back. Quite simple.

ALL and all, when you are making transactions, especially to people on a huge board like this, don't bullshit. It will come back to bite you in the ass as it obviously has done here.

Present: 1997 Jetta GLX VR6
2004 325iT (E46) (pops)
BMW_M52_M20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 08:48 PM   #122
A~G
Car Payment Free

Send a message via MSN to A~G
WoW this is still going on!?!?!

p.s. jon work on that $70 bro

A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 09:49 PM   #123
Lennon
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Lennon Send a message via MSN to Lennon
Or this whole thing should just get deleted to keep from coming back from the grave.... and let Jon and Bart figure it out......
Old 11-23-2004, 12:51 AM   #124
M3ti Compact
Fuel Efficient 318 Member

I've only been successful of selling 1 item off Maxbimmer (set of snow tires)...

Anyways, my thoughts...the first that comes to mind, is that the deposit (for a E36?) was only $280. That's so little. I took a $1000 cash when I was selling a 1990 Tercel. Make deposits COUNT. Refundable or not...

But, no matter what bad dealings E46lover had before, the note clearly says the deposit is refundable and it seems that the purpose of the note was to make the deposit refundable...Bart has to be a man of his word and pay it back in this case.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:57 AM   #125
WhadUpp
BIG BIG WHEELS

Where is Bart
WhadUpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 07:22 AM   #126
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by A~G
WoW this is still going on!?!?!

p.s. jon work on that $70 bro
i have it...im busy all week though, can u come next week? since u got a car now...scarbs is so far for me i would drop it off myself if u can wait till after dec 13 (G2)

Lennon i dont think so, bart just posted in the private meet section aint that great? now he has no excuse to ignore this, u know..unless he IS trying to scam me.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 07:24 AM   #127
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

see guys..told ya heres here.

****er has my $280

once i get my G2, i feel bad about all the ppl i "ripped off"...i'll pm u guys when i get my money back for something im gonna pay u guys back with (for ur trouble)
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...3&postcount=53

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Old 11-26-2004, 08:24 AM   #128
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
I think I saw him post in another thread to a couple of weeks back

Jon most likely you aren't going to get your money back, but here is something you can do, tell Bart's mommy & daddy of what he's done

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 11:08 AM   #129
A~G
Car Payment Free

Send a message via MSN to A~G
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46_lover
i have it...im busy all week though, can u come next week? since u got a car now...scarbs is so far for me i would drop it off myself if u can wait till after dec 13 (G2)

Lennon i dont think so, bart just posted in the private meet section aint that great? now he has no excuse to ignore this, u know..unless he IS trying to scam me.

I'll pick it up sometime next week... before my exams...

btw... why hasn't bart responded yet?

A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 08:32 PM   #130
bart320i
6th Gear Member

OK this is the first time I have seen this thread. Hereís my side of the story. First John emailed me asking about the car. The price as set at $5000. Bargain if you ask me. I asked for a 500 deposit. John came down to my house to check out the car. I pointed out all the problems with car that have to be fixed. Hence the cheap price. After looking at the car john said he would go to the bank and get the deposit money. John came back with $280 cause he went over his daily withdrawl limit. I felt sorry for the kid so I toke the deposit. I explained to him clearly that my parents were moving within the month and I needed money for a condo. He said cool. That was the last time I heard from the kid for two months. I lost two SERIOUS clients cause I was holding this kids deposit. Then I start getting calls from him a month after my parents moved asking for his money back. Iím sorry but you deserve to get ripped for that. If you came to me the week or two weeks after you gave me the money I would have given back with no worries
Old 12-01-2004, 09:24 PM   #131
Kal
maxRealtor

Send a message via MSN to Kal
but didn't you sign a contract saying that the deposit is fully refundable?
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 09:29 PM   #132
notjoe
600rwhp here i come

Send a message via ICQ to notjoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
but didn't you sign a contract saying that the deposit is fully refundable?

Dont condo parking spaces go for $25-$50+ per month? I think jon should pay him the balance owning for storing the car while he got his shit together (which he still hasnt), or things could be called even and dropped.
notjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 09:35 PM   #133
jeremy
6th Gear Member

so is the car for sale still ?
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 10:47 PM   #134
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by notjoe
Dont condo parking spaces go for $25-$50+ per month? I think jon should pay him the balance owning for storing the car while he got his shit together (which he still hasnt), or things could be called even and dropped.
too bad it wasnt stored, cuz the same day i got a hold of him (posting this) someone whos very respected here (wont name names) saw him driving it (which got me ticked) because it was STILL IN USE! not STORED.

storage or not, i dont think i'll know..notjoe, good idea..i dont really care...keep $60 for storage fees but i need the majority of that money back, im not taking back any less.

i didnt have your number or email but i did have ur PM so i tried PM;ing for the # (i explained this while u yelled swearin at me on the phone, but i dont think u'll remember that)..but his PM box was never cleared and i posted around the forum after his posts asking to clear it and it wasnt cleared.

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 12-01-2004 at 10:51 PM.
Old 12-01-2004, 10:56 PM   #135
Gamite

Ok, from reading the first post and this last page, I have read that there was a recipt that warranted a full refund of $280.

Eventhough he took a long time, it doesn't have any stipulations in the contract about the length of time. Its still legally binding, and if u were to go to court, Jon should be owed that money.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: