Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Videos and Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-02-2004, 01:49 PM   #16
greekthang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADRIDE
7's!!! DAAAMN.

Dude, driver DOES matter - even moreso when the fronts are off the ground. It's about clutch control and power application. I've seen fools try to steer with the wheels in the air. In this case, it is improper power application. Some fool decided it's all about "pedal to the metal and pop the clutch".

In the vid, you can see that the right rear seems to collapse when the car starts going out of control. In a stang (at least), you need to inflate the right rear tire a tiny bit more than the left side to compensate for loading.

In any car over 700whp, it's all about GETTING THE POWER DOWN smoothly and evenly. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE DRIVER AT THOSE POWER LEVELS.

I would MUCH rather drop my car and risk thousands in damage rather than kiss the wall and lose everything, possibly even my life.
Totally understand what your saying pal but I am sure buddy has driving that car in the vid many time to understand how to drive it. No amatuer can jump into a car like that and drive. My comment it directed to the comments made before about hes a crappy driver. There are so many elements aside from the driver. Something could have broke in the rear end, bit of oil on the track or poor track conditons .. the list goes on and on so the driver cannot be blamed solely and as for the suspension comment. LOL do you think that car is ride on stock shocks or springs. Come on guys they have taken everything into account on a car like that.

Last edited by greekthang; 11-02-2004 at 01:52 PM.
greekthang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 02:22 PM   #17
1BADRIDE
TECHGURU

Send a message via MSN to 1BADRIDE
No one said anything about suspension.

The burnout and staging did not indicate any track issues.

The driver failed to let up when he should have. This is called DRIVER ERROR.

It may have arisen due to other issues, but that is NOT the point. Do you blame a wet road if you lose control and crash? (If you do, you've got problems.) Adjust your driving style to the vehicle AND the conditions.
Old 11-02-2004, 02:42 PM   #18
greekthang
6th Gear Member

Quote:

It may have arisen due to other issues, but that is NOT the point. Do you blame a wet road if you lose control and crash? (If you do, you've got problems.) Adjust your driving style to the vehicle AND the conditions.
I think your the one with the problem my friend. You are judging something you dont even know. Do you know if a rear end broke or there was oil on the track mid way. The burnout and staging is nothing. That does not have to do with the track itself. Yeah certain case maybe drivers error but you dont know until you know all the facts
Old 11-02-2004, 04:05 PM   #19
1BADRIDE
TECHGURU

Hang on there buddy...

READ my post... I didn't say anyone had a problem. I'll PM you to clarify - not looking to make enemies here!

The burnout the guy did went past the point where he lost it. You can easily see where the right rear tire collapsed and the rim touched the ground (play back in slo mo and you will see it). At that point, the driver SHOULD have let up. You can see by the motions that he didn't let up until well after the crash - probably due to the shock of the incident. It's still driver error regardless.
Old 11-02-2004, 04:09 PM   #20
greekthang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Hang on there buddy...

READ my post... I didn't say anyone had a problem. I'll PM you to clarify - not looking to make enemies here!

The burnout the guy did went past the point where he lost it. You can easily see where the right rear tire collapsed and the rim touched the ground (play back in slo mo and you will see it). At that point, the driver SHOULD have let up. You can see by the motions that he didn't let up until well after the crash - probably due to the shock of the incident. It's still driver error regardless.

Listen pal I don't want to make enemies on here as well. You never will know what happened. All we are doing is speculating and shooting our opinions. No need to explain pal. No bad blood spilt here. LOL

Have a good one
Old 11-02-2004, 04:15 PM   #21
Lennon
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Lennon Send a message via MSN to Lennon
Haha, everytime you say "pal" its like your being sarcastic and hate him or something....
Old 11-02-2004, 04:25 PM   #22
1BADRIDE
TECHGURU

Listen PAL...
Old 11-03-2004, 09:52 AM   #23
greekthang
6th Gear Member

LOL I never even noticed that PAL
Old 11-13-2004, 11:13 PM   #24
M3_MadBimmer
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to M3_MadBimmer
Quote:

let me add something here. PALS,

I dont blame a wet road for any lost control, but i msot definatelly would blame a track, A track is supposed to be CHINEY clean, specially with 1500+hp cars running?

like you guys said, never know for sure what the real reason/problem was

hope the guy was ok

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: