Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-12-2004, 01:53 AM   #1
330POWER
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to 330POWER
interior dye

hey guys i was reading somewhere but i cant remember where that there is some sort of dye that you can buy to dye the interior of your car to diff. colors....has anyone done that? is it worth it? i mean is the quality any good? any prices or info would be appreciated!
2002 Titanium Silver 330ci, M sport Package, Hamann HM2 rims/ Toyo Proxie T1s, Hamann Black out grill, 2-12s Alpine Type R's powered by Rockford Fosgate amp, Clarion LCD/DVD screen, Dinan CAI, Dinan engine software, CCFL angel eyes, interior xenon kit, hamann eyelids, hamann front lip, ti. silver headlight trim, debaged, HID foglights
330POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 10:20 AM   #2
Paul540/m3
BMW Individual

Send a message via MSN to Paul540/m3
Call Pit Stop Performance
416-Pit-stop
The owner dave just dyed his M5 interior blue, it looks pretty good and has a warranty and all,give him a call and he should be able to steer u in the right direction
Old 11-12-2004, 10:21 AM   #3
Lee in Ottawa
5th Gear Member

You can get it a CT I can't remeber what it's called there is one for vinyl and one for fabric or carpet. I just did the carpet on my winter beater and it turned out great, havn't driven the car yet so can't tell you how well it holds up. Try searching the forum there was a post about it awhile ago, I think the guys who did it did there head liners with no real problems. Some people on here (mostly 1 person) will tell you that it is extremely ghetto but i think if done properly it'll work. Try experimenting first, if u have a winter beater use that. here judge for yourself.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smallr 025.jpg (146.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg small 026.jpg (223.6 KB, 26 views)
Lee in Ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 10:22 AM   #4
Lee in Ottawa
5th Gear Member

BTW this was a very quick job cause it was cold out and i assume it would work better in the heat cause thats what it says on the can.
Lee in Ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 10:23 AM   #5
Razkal
6th Gear Member

hey there

I did it on my interior using VHT color penetrating dye that I got from Performance Improvements. I went from Grey to black and for some of the interior parts that I did not find for the swap, I dyed them and they came out pretty close to my stock parts in terms of color and texture. Its good stuff as it acutally penetrates into the material not just over it.

Its pretty easy to use on things like dashboards and items that are solid, I dont know how it works on cloth but it does work well on carpets...

Here is a look at what I used = it is the VHT Penetrating Color Dye and I used Satin Black.

http://www.caswellplating.com/vht/vht_spec.htm

Need any help with branding your company/services? :
http://www.businessninja.ca

Razkal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: