Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Global MaXbimmer
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-09-2002, 04:04 AM   #1
mpower1226
6th Gear Member

Shannonville Open Lapping day.

Thanksgiving Monday. Shannonville. Full track. organized by IMAGE MOTOR RACING. fee will be 150 bucks at the track and
140 advanced.
it is from 8 am to 5 pm

I am about 50% that I will go.

if anybody wants to tag along please reply this thread
mpower1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 11:22 AM   #2
GladdoM3
5th Gear Member

I am a track junkie. I am in. I am bringing my g/f and my dad, he is going to take my M3 out for a couple laps.
You want to meet up and cruize down together ??
let me know if there is passing in the corner ??
Thanks
Jordan

Sold My M3. Got a New Subaru STI
GladdoM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 04:23 PM   #3
lovince
1st Gear Newbie

Hey Jordan,

There is passing in/out/around corners. Don't you remember seeing that last time we were there?

VL

"At a given day and a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit, and you touch the limit, and you think "okay, this is the limit". As soon as you touch this limit, something happens in you so that you can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and your experience as well, you can fly very high." - Aryton Senna
lovince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 09:10 PM   #4
mpower1226
6th Gear Member

I dont think you could just let your dad drive your car. I think
your dad has to pay as well, if he wants to lap.

anyway, If I go up then I will post a thread before.
Old 10-10-2002, 03:04 PM   #5
GladdoM3
5th Gear Member

I was there last time. i drive a steel grey E46 m3. I have red leather interior. There was another car identical to mine there except he had black seats. I was really enjoying my time on the track, but we did not pass in the corners in our group. I am reconsidering coming and particiapating if there is passing in and through corners. I am worried that someon will slide into my car or something along those lines. If you guys set upa group where there is no passing.....i will attend.
let me know.
thanks
Jordan

Sold My M3. Got a New Subaru STI
GladdoM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 04:35 AM   #6
mpower1226
6th Gear Member

actually, we are very carefull when passing, people who doesnt lap with us, might say, "these guys drive crazy". No, this is not the case, everyone loves their car as much as you do.
When you lap with us, you will know what I mean. EVERYONE is really carefull when they try to pass.

Accidents happen when one doesnt know the limit of their driving skills and do stupid things like, "Oh, I cant let this guy pass me, so I am gonna block the road"...

If you find yourself in a situation where you are tailgated by a civic, you just have to be cool and put your hands out and give him a wave, which means I let you pass. well, no big deal about it.

most of the people in image motor race are generally experienced,
so they wont be pulling any stunts.

This is Open Lapping day, not a driving school day.
You should try, it is really fun. and if you dont do anything beyond your limit, then you should be ok.

Last edited by mpower1226; 10-11-2002 at 04:41 AM.
Old 10-13-2002, 11:01 AM   #7
GR8 Ride
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to GR8 Ride
No stunts? You've got to be kidding?

You call your crew *very experienced*? Right, and that's why they drive around with no helmets, hands out the windows, three abreast in a corner.

I'd say it's pure LUCK that nobody has gotten seriously injured and minimal bent metal at one of those events. It had to be the WORST run event I've ever attended...

Passing signals from YOUR crew were horrendous, as I must have tailed several Civics who would hold me up through every corner, and then try to drag race me down the Fabi straight.... In order to get the pass from anyone, you basically had to dive inside under braking, and go from there.

I watched guys who lost it on the transition back to Nelson, and ended up driving straight off the track. They then BACKED UP straight into oncoming traffic!!! WTF??? Experienced my a$$....

Sorry, but the only reason to go out to an Image Racing event is to sit in the grandstands and watch people spin out....it's a pretty regular occurrence there.

Pat
GR8 Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 05:37 PM   #8
mpower1226
6th Gear Member

actually, thats only some who happend to be the guests of the events. as the event is fairly big, a lot of inexperienced drivers come out and try without having any experience. well, What you say was true, but its also tru that there are fair amount of experienced drivers in the image too. Those from the beginning of the event. As we are taking guests, these things have to be watched over carefully, and well, even I think It wasnt handled well last time. However not everyevent ends up like that though.
Old 10-13-2002, 06:36 PM   #9
Slowered318
Stuck in the 90's

Are you guys still going to this?

I'm interested if it's not gonna be all civics and crap there thoes guys don't know how to drive and act all stuped

Ryan
Slowered318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 10:34 PM   #10
mpower1226
6th Gear Member

i will be going if anybody is comming let me know

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: