Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-04-2004, 02:27 PM   #16
Null
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to Null
That's dumb..you can park anywhere here almost as long as there isn't a no parling sign around.
Old 11-04-2004, 02:32 PM   #17
1BADRIDE
TECHGURU

Send a message via MSN to 1BADRIDE
I think it's done here to keep the roads clear for salt/sand trucks and snow plows. In the spring/summer/fall, it's for the street sweepers.
Old 11-04-2004, 02:45 PM   #18
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Yeah, the limit on any non-posted street is 3 hours.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 03:20 PM   #19
Paul540/m3
BMW Individual

Send a message via MSN to Paul540/m3
Rahul, that is ****in hilarious
Old 11-04-2004, 03:58 PM   #20
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

i still have a few that need to be payed

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'04 Volvo S60R/6spd.:Nautical Blue/Gobi&Black
'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. 1 of 8 SOLD
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 05:09 PM   #21
Gullwing
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Gullwing Send a message via Yahoo to Gullwing
Hahahaha this is frigging hilarious...reading this made my day..i'll share my story although my revenge was not as severe. I used to work as a courier delivery driver using my beater mazda ( still have the car ), long story short, courier drivers can have their tickets cancelled at parking authority and my car was well marked and had the radio antenna on and I even left my waybills on the front dash.... but after the delivery the guy left me a ticket anyways , and he was still nearby, i drove up to him and i yelled to him with the ticket in my hand and asked him why did he do it anyways ? but the facker simply turned his back to me ....so i crumple the ticket and i throw it right at him , it hit him right in the back of the neck ! loooool
then i drive away AS SLOW as possible lol and I see him picking up the ticket. They eneded up mailing it to me and i paid it ...but man it was worth it.
Gullwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 06:48 PM   #22
M3speed
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADRIDE
When I was in high school, I used to run one of the stores our family owned nearby.

I got a parking ticket written up WHILE I was running to my car after school. I yelled out to the guy, but he continued to open up his book AFTER making eye contact with me and he wrote up the ticket. As I stood there. I told him that he was an asshole and that what goes around, comes around. He then went into "are you threatening me?" I said no and I shut the hell up. Almost every car on the street had a ticket, including at least 3 or 4 of my friends' cars.

Not 30 mins later, he showed up at my store. He didn't look at me, just walked to the back, picked up a self-serve coffee, and came to the front and put 50 cents on the counter as he sipped it.

I told him the coffee was $40.00.

He looked up and said "you can't do that". I slapped the ticket on the counter and said PAY FOR THE COFFEE or I'm calling the police mother****er and pointed at the camera recording him.

I ended up locking the doors and calling the police. My parking ticket was $15. He ended up paying the $40.00 because when I called the police, they said he would be arrested and charged with theft. They advised him to pay, and he did.

I had at LEAST 10 of my school friends in the store playing video games and laughing and making fun of the guy during the whole ordeal. On his way out, someone threw a slushie at him (blue of all colors). I didn't condone that action, but I "lost" the tape when he called the police, so nothing could be done. He tried to sue us, but lost that too... hahah

Just pay the tickets and be done with it.

The Parking Authority says the GUIDELINE is 1 hour to remedy the situation before you receive another ticket (Markham anyways). I got a ticket for leaving my car on the street in front of my house one night by accident.
don't believe your story one bit! after the slushie was thrown at him, the cops wouldn't need to see "the tape" in order to have proof.. the blue slushie all over the parking guy would be sufficient! but whatever
M3speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 06:52 PM   #23
M3speed
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebSter
I got 2 parking tickets being parked on the same road in one day. I parked there in the morning, got a ticket at 11:45am, and another ticket at 6pm. Isnt the law that you cant get more than one ticket in the same place within 24 hours?

k here's the deal with your question

in Toronto, you can get more than 1 parking ticket in a 24hr period in the same spot, as long as you are committing more than 1 offence

example:

You are parked on a permit street without a permit = 1 ticket
Then your tire is chalked for 3 hours, you are there for 3 hours = 2nd ticket
You are parked too close to a fire hydrant or too far from the curb etc... = 3rd ticket

etc etc
M3speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 07:03 PM   #24
coolhand
Banned

Your own fault you didn't park in a proper spot.
coolhand is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: