Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-09-2002, 11:05 AM   #31
Bill Gates
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to Bill Gates

Pat, i too bought an xbox just play games. if you ever get bored of your games, let me know, we can trade if you like.
Bill Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 11:40 AM   #32
DunDan
3rd Gear Member

Re: Video card help

Quote:
Originally posted by whiskeym3
could someone suggest me a video card, that can play games, mainly nhl 2003 or other sport games
okaaay guys, lets get back on trak to whiskeym3's problem...

The Minimum System Specs for NHL2003 is
CPU: PII 400 or equivalent
RAM: 64MB (128MB for WindowsXP and Windows2000)
Video: 16MB supported Direct3D capable video card with DirectX 8.0 compatible driver

and the recommended is
CPU: PIII 600 or equivalent
RAM: 128MB
Video: 32MB or greater supported Direct3D capable video card

if you want to be able to play NHL and some other current games, most minimum requirements for new games are 500mhz and you will have to set all settings to their minimum settings. You will cry at the slow crawl with skipping and generally poor gaming experience. My recommendation is to get a faster processor and video card now and you will have be able to keep the new system for 2 years at least. I can get an AWESOME deal on a perfect gaming system for you. PM me for details.
Old 10-09-2002, 05:34 PM   #33
whiskeym3
3rd Gear Member

Re: Re: Video card help

Quote:
Originally posted by DunDan

okaaay guys, lets get back on trak to whiskeym3's problem...

The Minimum System Specs for NHL2003 is
CPU: PII 400 or equivalent
RAM: 64MB (128MB for WindowsXP and Windows2000)
Video: 16MB supported Direct3D capable video card with DirectX 8.0 compatible driver

and the recommended is
CPU: PIII 600 or equivalent
RAM: 128MB
Video: 32MB or greater supported Direct3D capable video card

if you want to be able to play NHL and some other current games, most minimum requirements for new games are 500mhz and you will have to set all settings to their minimum settings. You will cry at the slow crawl with skipping and generally poor gaming experience. My recommendation is to get a faster processor and video card now and you will have be able to keep the new system for 2 years at least. I can get an AWESOME deal on a perfect gaming system for you. PM me for details.
Thanks, i just left you a PM.

Whiskey

P.S, anyone else with solutions for me? should i get a new cpu? but would that mean a new motherboard as well?
Old 10-09-2002, 11:48 PM   #34
A~G
Car Payment Free

Send a message via MSN to A~G
Thumbs up HEYA

I had a problem with my computer too... i fried the cpu and motherboard. I contacted the insurance company... and they told me that they would replace the value of my computer... but they'd need a copy of the reciept. But we all know how it works with cash deals SO i called up my "computer guy", that put together my system... he "GENERATED" a reciept for a 4000$ computer hehe.. so insurance company send me a check...and here i am.. TOP OF THE LINE (for now)...loaded completely with P4,2.4Gigs, 1024mb DDR RAM, 128meg vid card, dvd writer and a lot MORE!!! SEE if your insurance will cover a power surge through your system, if so,, just plug a live wire into your computer and BOOM hehe...
As far as video cards go, i have the 128meg NVIDIA Geforce 4 Titanium IT WORKS LIKE A DREAM, NO PROBLEMS WITH ANYTHING, good acceleration, amazing graphics

A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 12:40 AM   #35
whiskeym3
3rd Gear Member

Re: HEYA

Quote:
Originally posted by G~G
I had a problem with my computer too... i fried the cpu and motherboard. I contacted the insurance company... and they told me that they would replace the value of my computer... but they'd need a copy of the reciept. But we all know how it works with cash deals SO i called up my "computer guy", that put together my system... he "GENERATED" a reciept for a 4000$ computer hehe.. so insurance company send me a check...and here i am.. TOP OF THE LINE (for now)...loaded completely with P4,2.4Gigs, 1024mb DDR RAM, 128meg vid card, dvd writer and a lot MORE!!! SEE if your insurance will cover a power surge through your system, if so,, just plug a live wire into your computer and BOOM hehe...
As far as video cards go, i have the 128meg NVIDIA Geforce 4 Titanium IT WORKS LIKE A DREAM, NO PROBLEMS WITH ANYTHING, good acceleration, amazing graphics
Sounds like a good plan........ but dunno if its ethical tho?
Must be nice tho....... geez....... with 4g....... you can get a load of stuff!, but id rather spend 1200 on a computer, and the rest on mods!!

WHiskey
Old 10-10-2002, 01:03 AM   #36
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Pat..when u decided to let ur 8500DV go..pm me i want one but i dont wanna pay like $400 for a new one..

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 11:57 AM   #37
Bill Gates
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to Bill Gates

if i were you, i'd purchase a decent card, and try it out. play nhl2003 and see how it runs. if its to choppy, turn down the details, and if your happy, leave it. if not, look at getting a new system and just take that card you bought and run it on the new system.

nothing to lose, because either way, you'll need a video card. there are so many variables that result in good performance for games, like the type of chipset on your motherboard, OS, etc.... so your safest bet is get a card, try it, and if its to slow for you, get a new system and use the card you bought.

good luck!
Bill Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 05:44 PM   #38
whiskeym3
3rd Gear Member

Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Gates
if i were you, i'd purchase a decent card, and try it out. play nhl2003 and see how it runs. if its to choppy, turn down the details, and if your happy, leave it. if not, look at getting a new system and just take that card you bought and run it on the new system.

nothing to lose, because either way, you'll need a video card. there are so many variables that result in good performance for games, like the type of chipset on your motherboard, OS, etc.... so your safest bet is get a card, try it, and if its to slow for you, get a new system and use the card you bought.

good luck!
Thanks for the help!

Going to get a card tomorrow

Whiskey

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: