Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-09-2002, 12:30 AM   #1
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

MD player

i want an MD player...if any of you know where i can get the ones that are only in japan..please contact me, but contact me even if you can get the ones that are out now...thanx

does any1 here have the JVC XM-PX5?

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 01:12 AM   #2
SickFinga

1. Get Sony, they got this thing so you can record up to 320min on 1 MD
2. Are you ready to wait 320min to record MD???? That's why I rarely use mine. So if you are not, Get new Sony, it records 32 times faster than any md player. so 320min will take 10min to record.
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 07:14 AM   #3
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

yea i wudnt mind that much...cuz u can add songs to a MD right? so if i get bored of my current songs ill jus add more...

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Old 10-09-2002, 03:04 PM   #4
mkgino
6th Gear Member

what's an MD player??
Old 10-09-2002, 04:37 PM   #5
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

sony minidisc player..i got the MZ R700..i got it, but i need the optical cable, any1 know where i can get it? its the ones that come with the player..not the kind for your home theatre!

Old 10-09-2002, 05:25 PM   #6
Betray
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Betray Send a message via AIM to Betray Send a message via MSN to Betray
yea the new ones are out!! i wish i could afford one, there like mp3 players but better holly shit!
Betray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 05:35 PM   #7
SickFinga

if you drive MDs are the waste of money.

also you don't really need optical cable. I have and and never used it cause all my music is on computer. Optical cable is for home systems that has it.
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 10:10 PM   #8
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
I have an MD player, a Sony M505, and I love it, just hook up the USB to your computer, install the software and copy away, realistically, unless you have a kick ass computer, and usb 2.0, be ready to wait up to 20 for 5 hours of music. It takes longer to convert the MP3's to ATRAC then to transfer them from your comp to the player.

Also, any sort of electronic type music (dance, trance, techno.....)will sound decent at the 4x (320min) setting, but if you have any sort of rock, classical, anything with real instruments I wouldn't recommend compressing past the 2x (160min)setting, unless you're listening to it with earbud headphone where the sound quality isn't all the good anyway. (now that is a run on sentance!)
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 10:12 PM   #9
Gamite

Quote:
Originally posted by SickFinga
if you drive MDs are the waste of money.

also you don't really need optical cable. I have and and never used it cause all my music is on computer. Optical cable is for home systems that has it.

my MP3 deck pretty much replaces all mobile audio.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 10:58 PM   #10
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by Gamite

my MP3 deck pretty much replaces all mobile audio.

yea yea rub it in MR MP3 player in my e34! how much did the deck cost btw?

Old 10-10-2002, 01:00 AM   #11
niko_gt
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
i need the optical cable, any1 know where i can get it?
yea i've got one for my JVC MD player
never used it. Actually i used it once. and it knew i was trying to burn a copy of a CD and wouldn't let me? it was wierd. so i just use normal rca plugs / 3.5 MM headphone jacks

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: