Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-25-2002, 03:41 PM   #16
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

becuz of wat gamite? sinking money into the beater?

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 09:05 PM   #17
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
You guys should consider the VW TDI, the gas milage is amazing and the car has lots of pulling power. A great winter econo car.

Just about the only Honda I have respect for on the TRACK is the Type-R. Honda's are shit for city roads because they have no torque, and V-tec? oh man don't even get me started about that. They only kick in at around 5000-6000RPM. So you have to redline the fu*king thing constantly just to get power.

Its really funny when people that own civics have all these friggin V-tec stickers on their car thinking it makes them go faster. The V-tec in the Honda civic was designed to save gas, not to go faster. Either way Hondas are best suited for the wide open tracks and not city streets. I totally disagree that its a good winter car, its expensive and rusts up like a bit*h. I would go with a VW anyday.

Bryan
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 06:05 PM   #18
Mr seville
6th Gear Member

i get golf tdi's to use sometimes on the weekends....the owner is a really good friend of my dads.... and those things are awsome the performance numbers don't do justice to the car. it doesn't sound like a diesel at all once your inside. i have respect for the engine it is great on the highway aswell. this upcoming weekend getting a mitsubishi montero sport to use grandmothers moving. i drove from my grandmothers house(down the street from bimmermafias place)back to mine about 6-7 times picking people up using the street all stop and go traffic. and i was only short an eigth of a tank. great fuel economy. it was a 2002 golf tdi gl 2dr. it's easy to tweak to cause it has the turbo. lets just put it this was it's way faster then the bargin bin cars over at streetkiaz.com

Last edited by Mr seville; 09-30-2002 at 06:09 PM.
Mr seville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 09:19 PM   #19
Lil'Smoothie

My dad is looking at a new Golf TDI. He commutes from burlington to the airport so he needs an every day driver that gets good mileage. His buddy at work drives a TDI with a chip and muffler and he says its a peppy little thing

as for mileaga im gettin about 300 km's on a 60l tank of 94 octane now
beat that!
Old 10-02-2002, 05:13 PM   #20
Mr seville
6th Gear Member

on the tdi you get 750 miles till refill beet that!!!!! thats what it said in consumer reports the milage was 41mpg average.
Mr seville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 06:04 PM   #21
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Originally posted by Lil'Smoothie
My dad is looking at a new Golf TDI. He commutes from burlington to the airport so he needs an every day driver that gets good mileage. His buddy at work drives a TDI with a chip and muffler and he says its a peppy little thing

beat that!
Isn't that more than 15L/100? I get about 8-10L/100 on the highway.

Bryan
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Old 10-03-2002, 02:39 PM   #22
GimpZ3
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MTRD
You guys should consider the VW TDI, the gas milage is amazing and the car has lots of pulling power. A great winter econo car.

Just about the only Honda I have respect for on the TRACK is the Type-R. Honda's are shit for city roads because they have no torque, and V-tec? oh man don't even get me started about that. They only kick in at around 5000-6000RPM. So you have to redline the fu*king thing constantly just to get power.

Its really funny when people that own civics have all these friggin V-tec stickers on their car thinking it makes them go faster. The V-tec in the Honda civic was designed to save gas, not to go faster. Either way Hondas are best suited for the wide open tracks and not city streets. I totally disagree that its a good winter car, its expensive and rusts up like a bit*h. I would go with a VW anyday.

Bryan
Hrmm...Bryan, you're the last person I'd think that would complain about low torque figures being a problem in the city! Case and point, your old 318...what's the torque on the M42, 138ft/lbs? Anyways, play with the gearing and you can work around the low torque numbers (as you did with the diff change). With shorter gears, you'll reach the powerband in a honda motor much easier...
Old 10-03-2002, 04:24 PM   #23
Gamite

Quote:
beat that!

Holy crap, thats on your 325?!? Maybe you should get your compression checked.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 05:26 PM   #24
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Originally posted by Gamite

Holy crap, thats on your 325?!? Maybe you should get your compression checked.
Maybe his Dinan chip is screwing with his fuel mixture. Anyways, 300km per 60L tank is more gas than my father consumes in his 2001 4.7L V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Think about it, thats 20L/100km, I think you must have miscalculated.. Not even the 850 consumes that much gas.

Bryan

Old 10-03-2002, 05:31 PM   #25
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Originally posted by GimpZ3

Hrmm...Bryan, you're the last person I'd think that would complain about low torque figures being a problem in the city! Case and point, your old 318...what's the torque on the M42, 138ft/lbs? Anyways, play with the gearing and you can work around the low torque numbers (as you did with the diff change). With shorter gears, you'll reach the powerband in a honda motor much easier...
The only problem with that is on Honda's the gearing is already quite short. Notice the high RPM's on the highway. If you add a shorter diff you will have to get Tony's car. 10,000RPM redline.. haha. Have you talked to him lately? We made a few runs on Markham bypass recently.. whoa was it ever fast. The damn thing was stripped to the bone and you can actually see right to the floor in the back, no seats, no nothing. The thing runs mid-high 12's now, about the best you can do for that Honda motor w/o going forced induction.

Bryan

Old 10-03-2002, 06:07 PM   #26
Lil'Smoothie

Yes im serious im getting this bad mileage. Its only been like this for a week or so. It's also stuutering sometimes and seeming to misfire, I dont know what the hell is wrong with it, im thinking of selling it
Old 10-03-2002, 07:04 PM   #27
Gamite

Quote:
Yes im serious im getting this bad mileage. Its only been like this for a week or so. It's also stuutering sometimes and seeming to misfire, I dont know what the hell is wrong with it, im thinking of selling it
Have you tried taking the chip out? maybe O2 sensor?

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 08:07 PM   #28
Lil'Smoothie

yuup gamite taking the chip out is gonna be the next thing, right now I have a custom chip in, not my dinan
im also gonna change the spark plugs

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: