Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-19-2002, 12:40 AM   #1
MroadsterBoy
1st Gear Newbie

Question Window tint question....

Hey guys, I'm new in this forums, I just want to ask you guys where I can find a place to tint the "reflective tint" ? And also where I can find a place to tint the 5% at the front which they will do it for me instead of telling me I can't tint that ?
MroadsterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 08:34 AM   #2
djc0ntra

hey rob, what's your opinion on Tint King? everyone i've asked about them says not to goto them as they overcharge and dont do a very good job.
I'm not sure what to believe honestly, maybe it's location specific (like maaco....well....ok maybe not =)

I want to get my car tinted close to summer time with a dark tint with a touch of brown/tan colour to it (to match my champagne paint)

i was thinking 20% for the side windows, and 5% for the rear side windows and back window.
Old 01-19-2002, 09:51 AM   #3
MroadsterBoy
1st Gear Newbie

So would you think Canadian Tire will tint those silver tint and 5% at the front for us ? Or should we go for those auto performance shops ?
Old 01-19-2002, 09:52 AM   #4
djc0ntra

i used canadian tire tint before on previous cars
it's very difficult to apply, and doesn't last very long.
It's worth the extra money to not have to deal with the headache of doing all your windows, and having a warranty on the product.
Old 01-19-2002, 09:56 AM   #5
MroadsterBoy
1st Gear Newbie

So you mean tinting window is kinda bad things to do ?
Old 01-19-2002, 10:12 AM   #6
djc0ntra

no i meant it's worth the $100 to have a place do it for you and do it right the first time.
Plus the shops can get better tint that we could buy at any store.
And they tend to do it correctly (like at temperatures that the tint lays on the window correctly, and they trim the edges etc)
Old 01-19-2002, 01:07 PM   #7
MroadsterBoy
1st Gear Newbie

But where we could find that kind of window tinting shop in Toronto ? And I really want tint 5% or lower 20% on the front window and where I can find a shop to tint that for me ?
Old 01-19-2002, 01:18 PM   #8
KIRASIR
Your Nightmare

There is a place on Steels and Keele. Called Auto Glass something, it's right across from the LADA building, and across from Tint King. The owner's name is Don; he does a pretty good job, and he can also do the front. He is not cheap but he is good.
I tinted my GEO there a couple of years ago, and my friend has done 2 of his cars as well. Another thing is, I would not recomend you to do the front. My friend did it on his car, and he regrets it. It's a total pain in the ass to drive at night. I agree with him since I've been in his car, but it's up to you.

As far as Tint King goes the owner of the one on Steels is a greedy asshole.

SL
KIRASIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 01:25 PM   #9
djc0ntra

any of them will do it for you
if they complain, they're just doing that for legality reasons
they'll do it for you
but they probably wont provide a warranty on the front (so that you can't sue them later if you kill yourself because of it)

Why on earth would you want to tint your windsheild anyways? You need to see out of your car when you drive, it's not safe to tint the windsheild. You're playing with your life on that one.
Old 01-19-2002, 01:39 PM   #10
MroadsterBoy
1st Gear Newbie

Hey thanks Lonely TI. I will find that Auto Glass stop. So is that shop near the auto performance shop named " Wind Cloud perofrmance shop" ?
Old 01-19-2002, 01:48 PM   #11
MroadsterBoy
1st Gear Newbie

Also , do you know any good and not kinda expensive chinese mechanic around in Toronto ?

Thanks Lonely TI

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: