Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Photography
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-22-2004, 10:06 PM   #1
HIM
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to HIM Send a message via MSN to HIM
Floral Shots

I've started to do some floral photography lately because I want to expand my horizons and become more experienced in different forms of photography. I'm gonna post some of my favourite ones from the past two weeks. I just quickly did some color adjustment with photoshop incase anyone was wondering
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crw_1270.jpg (118.6 KB, 104 views)
HIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 10:09 PM   #2
HIM
5th Gear Member

another
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crw_1283.jpg (122.6 KB, 100 views)
Old 06-22-2004, 10:11 PM   #3
HIM
5th Gear Member

Last. Sorry if they are too big
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crw_1299.jpg (161.6 KB, 99 views)
Old 06-22-2004, 10:31 PM   #4
Gamite

beautiful!

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 10:37 PM   #5
Soldo
6th Gear Member

What is it with you MEN and....... FLOWERS!>!>!>!

Nice pics!
Old 06-23-2004, 10:31 AM   #6
humanoid
2nd Gear Member

Nice pictures!

The first picture has the DOF set a little to high and the total flower isn't focused as it should be. The softness in the background looks very good though. Increase the Depth of field by raising the aperture setting to a higher number. This will decrease the shutter speed but, should bring most of the flower in foucus.

On the second pic, it looks like you wanted to get a trio of flowers in the pic but, they didn't focus. Increase the DOF and try to get the other flowers in focus.

The third pic is very sharp but, on this one the DOF should have been more like the first. A lower F number to decrease the DOF and soften the background.
humanoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 12:02 PM   #7
HIM
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Gamite
beautiful!
Thanks man!
Old 06-23-2004, 12:12 PM   #8
HIM
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by humanoid
Nice pictures!

The first picture has the DOF set a little to high and the total flower isn't focused as it should be. The softness in the background looks very good though. Increase the Depth of field by raising the aperture setting to a higher number. This will decrease the shutter speed but, should bring most of the flower in foucus.

On the second pic, it looks like you wanted to get a trio of flowers in the pic but, they didn't focus. Increase the DOF and try to get the other flowers in focus.

The third pic is very sharp but, on this one the DOF should have been more like the first. A lower F number to decrease the DOF and soften the background.
Yea, the problem was it was a breezy day so when I thought I had focused the flower would just shift but I see what you mean cause it kind of blends into the background near the back of the flower. As for the second pic, I wanted the two rear flowers to be out of focus, I took two actually, and the second one has all three in focus but I personally thought it didn't look as good. And for the third, I had it at the lowest aperture already but thanks for the tips

And heres the shot with all three flowers somewhat in focus, again it was a breezy day so with a slower shutter and bad focusing on my part it turned out a little blurry. But again, I thought it looked better with the rear flowers out of focus
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crw_1285_jfr.jpg (155.4 KB, 78 views)
Old 06-25-2004, 02:25 AM   #9
Manimillion
Photographer

Here is my go at it, they are all nice pics but I don't like the 2nd picture where there is a lot of dead space in the picture, dont' get me wrong it is a nice picture but this is my critism, I think it would look better if the plant which is on focus covered a larger part of the picture frame, then having it cover the less and have the blur to cover the bigger part.
Old 06-25-2004, 11:01 PM   #10
HIM
5th Gear Member

Yea, I see what you mean, and I actually appreciate the criticism... its the only way I'll get better

Erwin Lee

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: