Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-10-2004, 08:18 PM   #46
Carbonio
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by STALKER
Looks like a pretty good Gruppe M replica to me. I would have to know the specifics of what makes this any different than a Gruppe M and not anything general like our filter is better ro our CF is stronger.
Allow us to point out the design advantages of our system over that offered by GruppeM:

1. Material selection.

Our intakes are made of our proprietary thermal barrier carbon fiber. Compared to GruppeM that uses regular carbon or carbon/kevlar laid up wet, we use pre-preg material that is autoclave baked. The result is a thinner, stronger and much lighter part that absorbs heat a fraction as much as the GruppeM system. Cooler temps mean cooler intake charges and more power.

2. The intake horn

The intake horn used by GruppeM is made up of 8 seperate pieces while we have an optimised light alloy design that is made up of only one piece. The result is much less turbulence in the intake airstream giving you more power and better throttle response. Also, the single piece looks much more finished than the GruppeM unit that looks like a bunch of pieces cobbled together.

3. The filter

Matched to the intake horn is a filter designed specifically for the application. We tried many filter designs and found that there was much to be gained through filter shape and construction.

4. The price

Our intake is priced much cheaper than GruppeM's because our composite production contracts allow for it. In designing our product we were aware of GruppeM's design and managed to improve on it in EVERY respect.

Please remember that questions are best asked on the phone or via e-mail because we rarely check the forums.

Carbonio
www.carbonio.net
Carbonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 03:50 AM   #47
STALKER
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to STALKER
I read this info before, it does not provide any real information though, to me they are just claims. If I could see some numbers, or some proof of these advantages, I would be wiling to switch, but until that, the Gruppe M is tested and has been on the market for a long time.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
//RAC RG63//Volk TE37//AP Racing BBK//Akrapovic Exhaust//Dinan SW//Dinan Intake//JRZ RS1 Coilovers//Dinan Monoball Control Arm Bearings//VRS Diffuser//
STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 09:19 PM   #48
Crazy3Series
1st Gear Newbie

Carbonio Intake Installation Question

Has anyone got one of these Carbonio intakes installed yet for an E46? If so, where did you get it done, how much did it cost? Does it sound good? What is the horsepower gain like?

Thanks much for your help.

A.
Old 05-28-2004, 01:16 AM   #49
STALKER
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to STALKER
Bliss has one, try PMing him about it.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
//RAC RG63//Volk TE37//AP Racing BBK//Akrapovic Exhaust//Dinan SW//Dinan Intake//JRZ RS1 Coilovers//Dinan Monoball Control Arm Bearings//VRS Diffuser//
STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 01:25 AM   #50
///MsAniTy
6th Gear Member

i have hears bliss's car and it sounds very nice if i may say and i would reccomend it although i havnts heard the one that group m has for the e46
///MsAniTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 04:19 PM   #51
Crazy3Series
1st Gear Newbie

I installed the carbonio intake this weekend and its pretty sweet. The only thing is that you only hear it at higher RPM, but its sounds really cool when it does kick in. I highly recommend it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: