Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Drivetrain, Engines & Transmissions
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-14-2004, 03:54 AM   #1
M3///
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 113
E36 motor, tranny Reduced $1000

O.k Guys my buddy is serious about selling it, since he is paying for storage at the shop for the Engine.

Price reduced first $1000 takes it

It's from a 1993 325IS
5spd Tranny and 2.5L 6cyl. Block that needs a head casket...
This is a steal...
M3/// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 03:59 AM   #2
johnoz
/OO=[][]=OO\
 
johnoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,907
What was the milage on this engine?
What else does it need for e30 swap?
Wiring harness, ECU etc?
johnoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 04:21 AM   #3
SpoolinS6
6th Gear Member
 
SpoolinS6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,537
wat does the motor come with .....
ill get back to you if im interested or not !
__________________
1995 Audi S6
HI BOOST
SpoolinS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 04:40 AM   #4
crusher
OMGHI2U2
 
crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The boonies
Posts: 3,372
Send a message via Skype™ to crusher
hey man.. if you know a shop that will do the conversion for me.. i'll buy it off you! let me know, i wonder how much all in all to get my e30 318 converted
__________________
2013 Ford Focus SE
2011 Lincoln MKT
2003 Escalade 8 Seater of Fun - 251k and still running

Sold/Traded-in
2006 M5
2003 M3
2003 Civic Si
2000 M Coupe
1999 M3
1999 323i
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 01:31 PM   #5
M3///
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally posted by johnoz
What was the milage on this engine?
What else does it need for e30 swap?
Wiring harness, ECU etc?
It comes with everything except the ECU, yes it comes with the wiring harness.
I was told it's a pretty simple swap to an E30 I can find out the details if u like Pm me.

Ps: Who ever pics up this Engine before Sunday will get a FREE BRAND NEW CLUTCH with it...
M3/// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 02:28 PM   #6
punnzzells
Banned
 
punnzzells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: toronto
Posts: 4,724
Send a message via MSN to punnzzells Send a message via Yahoo to punnzzells
swap..

Quote:
Originally posted by M3///
It comes with everything except the ECU, yes it comes with the wiring harness.
I was told it's a pretty simple swap to an E30 I can find out the details if u like Pm me.

Ps: Who ever pics up this Engine before Sunday will get a FREE BRAND NEW CLUTCH with it...
The motor is not that hard to swap into an E30... but no computer is not a good thing.... have to make sure that it's not EWS ECU that you pick up...

and FYI... a grand for an M50 with or without an ECU is not a Steal... that's average price. A steal would be like $400.00 .. that's a steal.

mike.
punnzzells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 04:08 PM   #7
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor
 
Eurostyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Milton
Posts: 14,878
Re: swap..

Quote:
Originally posted by punnzzells
The motor is not that hard to swap into an E30... but no computer is not a good thing.... have to make sure that it's not EWS ECU that you pick up...

and FYI... a grand for an M50 with or without an ECU is not a Steal... that's average price. A steal would be like $400.00 .. that's a steal.

mike.
That is a very good price, considering it comes with the tranny! But some extra $$$ has to do to the head gasket problem...
__________________
BIMMER HEAVEN
Specialized in BMW recycling, all OEM used parts
Up to 90% off new cost!!!
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5


Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 10:10 PM   #8
paul
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: toronto
Posts: 1,105
to do a headgasket with the motor out of the car is so easy. all the kine are unhooked. u just have to take the manifold off and the valve cover. disconect vanos and take the head bolts off. i have a headgasket new in the package for sale pm me if anyone wants it
__________________
paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 02:49 PM   #9
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor
 
Jon@Bimmersport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 13,771
check pm
__________________

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 04:09 PM   #10
R_JAY
Has the world for ransom
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: K-Dub
Posts: 2,542
Quote:
Originally posted by crusher
hey man.. if you know a shop that will do the conversion for me.. i'll buy it off you! let me know, i wonder how much all in all to get my e30 318 converted
What about Chucks? I'm sure they've done enough of these by now.
R_JAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 04:31 PM   #11
///eP
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: REXDALE
Posts: 447
chucks???? who the hell goes to that place, i use to go there until chuck f*cked up my ride, he only has one good mechanic that works there (charlie) the rest are shit. If you guys are looking for a top notch no bullshit place to take your ride go to J.D. AUTO SERVICE, this guy (joe) only deals with high end imports and sport cars; such as: porshe, lambo, lotus, and alot of british sports cars; this guy is from germany and he knows his shit, and the pricing is fair. if anyone is interested he is located at 301 rexdale blvd (rex blvd/martingrove intersection). right between the cibc bank and esso gas station.
///eP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 04:47 PM   #12
M3///
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally posted by crusher
hey man.. if you know a shop that will do the conversion for me.. i'll buy it off you! let me know, i wonder how much all in all to get my e30 318 converted
All Pm's sent
I would recomend Charlie aka BimmerSport from chucks auto he has done plenty of swaps, with resonable prices.
Pm, him for a quote.
M3/// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 06:27 PM   #13
R_JAY
Has the world for ransom
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: K-Dub
Posts: 2,542
Quote:
Originally posted by ///eP
chucks???? who the hell goes to that place, i use to go there until chuck f*cked up my ride, he only has one good mechanic that works there (charlie) the rest are shit. If you guys are looking for a top notch no bullshit place to take your ride go to J.D. AUTO SERVICE, this guy (joe) only deals with high end imports and sport cars; such as: porshe, lambo, lotus, and alot of british sports cars; this guy is from germany and he knows his shit, and the pricing is fair. if anyone is interested he is located at 301 rexdale blvd (rex blvd/martingrove intersection). right between the cibc bank and esso gas station.
Easy there dude. 99% of the members here only deal with Charlie so when you go to Chuck's you can ask for him to work on your car. Chuck usually doesn't have a problem with that and I didn't think Charlie would do the swap in his garage so just take it easy and have a smoke
R_JAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 08:02 PM   #14
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily
 
djcontra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Scarghetto
Posts: 6,129
Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
what's the number of km's on the engine?
__________________

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 09:01 PM   #15
M3///
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 113
Milage is 166K
I have people Pm me 50 times a day and it's still for sale????? what the F%$#%k
Serious ing pls...
M3/// is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.