Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-11-2004, 12:06 AM   #1
objec
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to objec
turbo questions

i am turning my 87 325e into a turbo car and have a few questions.

whats is a good psi to run an 87 325e with a t4/t3 turbo

and where exactly do i get the oil for the inlet, i want to run a "t" fitting off the oil press switch thing, but i have no idea where it is.

and to the other turbo e30 owners, what was your hp increase, and how does your engine respond to the turbo
objec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 01:09 AM   #2
davide30
2nd Gear Member

about turbo

me im running 325 e turbo about 3 week ago and its was very cool my setup is perfect. so the turbo t3/t4 i think they do the job perfectly because the exhaust side is short and the compressor side is big me im running t4 .64 and he run fine. for the oil pressur switch he is under the oil filter in the cylinder block. the performance i have about 190 horse and about the same or more for the torque. for the fuel managment im running fmu 12:1 and an other adjutable for the idle because i change my injector for 19 lbs and at idle the car run to rich .but i plan to run next summer a stand alone fuel management and forged low compression piston to run the necessary to do 300 horses. if you have other question tell and i will answer you . scuse me for the bad qualities of anglish but i try the best i do.
davide30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 01:11 AM   #3
Jordan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to Jordan
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that if you have to ask such questions, chances are you shouldn't be trying to turbo your car. Doesn't sound like you have the slightest clue what you are doing.

But to try and answer those questions...

A 325e wont like alot of boost, and there is no point doing just a little boost.

Tap the oil pan for oil inlet.

Oil pressure switch is located under the drivers side motor mount.

I know of 325i's (m20b25) producing 250-300hp. I know of m20b28 strokers makeing 300-450.

No one turbo's an eta, if for no other reason then its revlimiter. If your turbo starts to spool at 3,000RPM you hit the revlimiter 1500RPM's later. Pointless.

It would be best to build a proper engine to accept lots of boost, then halfass boost an eta.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 05:33 PM   #4
chromius
6th Gear Member

^^^ I second that, ..it would take too long to spool....and besides arn't you the guy that has a twin turbo M3? you should know how to do all this!

Last edited by chromius; 05-11-2004 at 05:36 PM.
chromius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 01:39 AM   #5
objec
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to objec
haha,

anyways, i run a "t" nut off the oil pressure switch an that will supply the oil for the inlit
objec is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: