Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-15-2002, 12:36 AM   #1
rico328i
5th Gear Member

Detroit Auto Show

Well. I just got back from the NAIAS (North American International Auto Show) yesterday. I went to Windsor to visit my sister and since I was in the area......

What a disappointment!!! For the 'supposed' best show in North America! Damn. Makes you realize just how lucky we are here in the Toronto GTA. First off. It was essentially all on 1 level! Compared to our multi-level facility + Sky Dome. One huge plus was the amount of prototypes that were there. Since it is in Detroit - home of the Big 3.

Highlight of the night for me was at the BMW section. There was a special BMW lounge that was sectioned off by armed guards (2 ladies-hahaha and a gate). I looked in and saw a few well dressed people sitting on couches having a drink. After inquiring what it was all about. One of the ladies told me that it was ONLY for BMW owners.......Sorry. I asked what you needed to get in. And she told me that you need to have a BMW key......Sorry! That's when I had to say "Oh, you mean like this????" You should have seen the look on her face! I felt that she was a little on the snobby side. So after she told me that I was 'welcome'. I just said 'no thanks' to your complimentary BMW water and coffee!!!! Turned around and said maybe later! I think there were also some snack foods and stuff...I just got to the show and really didn't want to spend my time sitting around.

The new 745i is a work of technology!!!!!

Another thing. TONS and TONS of cops!

Rico

P.S. I look young (although I'm 29). Hard to judge a book by it's cover. Lesson 1.
rico328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 12:56 AM   #2
Bliss
Administrator

HAHA! thats funny man. You needed a bimmer key to get coffee?? big deal!! I would have loved to see the look on her face.

For maXbimmer decals, please email info@maxbimmer.com
Bliss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 01:03 AM   #3
rico328i
5th Gear Member

BMW lounge

Can't wait to see if they have a similar set-up when the show comes to Toronto! I'm giving my spare keys to all my friends!!!!! Just in case they post more 'guards' with attutudes at the gates. Can't ignore one thing - there is STATUS involved with BMW's. Wish it wasn't like that. Unfortunately it's just the way it is.

Rico
rico328i is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: