Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-29-2004, 04:26 PM   #16
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

The ZEX kit will go up to 75HP. The motor's fuel line goes through the ZEX controller so it knows what fuel pressure the motor has at all times. The nitrous gets injected with a single nozzle into the intake tube before the throttle body, but after the AFM. The further away, the better distribution to all cylinders. The kit comes with everything required and should take about 4 hours to install (wiring takes the longest). I recommend getting the ZEX over the more expensive (??) NX kit and using that extra money saved for 5 things:

-bottle warmer (keeps constant 900psi even when near empty)
-bottle pressure guage
-remote bottle opener (real nice upgrade)
-B&M adjustable fuel pressure regulator ($150)
-2 step "colder" spark plugs

Make sure you run a stock EPROM, or have one custom programmed to be slightly retarded (LOL).... timing-wise.

Justin, a full 10lb bottle with a 75HP shot usually last for about 10 quarter mile runs (150 sec). Sounds pathetic, but you only spray maybe 1st, 2nd and half of 3rd gear on the street... do that twice/day and you see what I mean. Upon squeezing the trigger, the tires usually break loose from the sudden power and a careful eye on the tach is required 'cause the lrev-imiter comes up quick! On 300+HP cars, I recommend spraying 2nd gear and up... 1st gear is usually too violent unless you're running drag radials or at the strip. Check and make sure your older M42 has good compression across the board and it's well tuned (ignition system works well). Should be okay to have fun... start with a 50-60 shot first.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --

Last edited by EMPOWERD; 04-29-2004 at 04:30 PM.
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 04:45 PM   #17
A~G
Car Payment Free

Send a message via MSN to A~G
This is the funniest thing i've ever seen. Isn't this the car everyone called the "egg" ??? I would have NEVER expected one of those civic to have Nitrous Oxide inside. Randy, people like you scare me

+ what if someone tried to steal ur sub

A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.

Last edited by A~G; 04-29-2004 at 04:47 PM.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 04:59 PM   #18
E30 Hartge
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by EMPOWERD
The ZEX kit will go up to 75HP. The motor's fuel line goes through the ZEX controller so it knows what fuel pressure the motor has at all times. The nitrous gets injected with a single nozzle into the intake tube before the throttle body, but after the AFM. The further away, the better distribution to all cylinders. The kit comes with everything required and should take about 4 hours to install (wiring takes the longest). I recommend getting the ZEX over the more expensive (??) NX kit and using that extra money saved for 5 things:

-bottle pressure guage

Make sure you run a stock EPROM, or have one custom programmed to be slightly retarded (LOL).... timing-wise.

Thanks for the quick and good answers.
E30 Hartge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 06:48 PM   #19
TiemenT
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to TiemenT
I think you should go for a turbo-charger... that's an investment..

Don't steel Pasta's SIG!

------------------------------------------------
- Range Rover Hamann 5.0 Vogue V8 Sold for M5
- BMW ///M3 CSL
- E60 M5 on April 12th !
TiemenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 06:57 PM   #20
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Very good info.. glad to have someone so knowledgable about this on the board. My experiences with NOS goes as far as watching Fast and the Furious. I've tried searching about it on the net but came up with a lot of conflicting information..usually people who are against it. ZEX sounds like a good kit... fairly safe, and well thought out. Is this the same kit you're selling? The thought of a bottle warmer worries me a bit. Do I have anything to worry about on really hot days having the bottle locked up in the trunk?

This is something I should figure out soon, before I do a custom install in the trunk.

Take care,
Justin

Quote:
Originally posted by EMPOWERD

-bottle pressure guage

Justin, a full 10lb bottle with a 75HP shot usually last for about 10 quarter mile runs (150 sec). Sounds pathetic, but you only spray maybe 1st, 2nd and half of 3rd gear on the street... do that twice/day and you see what I mean. Upon squeezing the trigger, the tires usually break loose from the sudden power and a careful eye on the tach is required 'cause the lrev-imiter comes up quick! On 300+HP cars, I recommend spraying 2nd gear and up... 1st gear is usually too violent unless you're running drag radials or at the strip. Check and make sure your older M42 has good compression across the board and it's well tuned (ignition system works well). Should be okay to have fun... start with a 50-60 shot first.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 07:33 PM   #21
E30 Hartge
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by TiemenT
I think you should go for a turbo-charger... that's an investment..
Hee Nederlander,

Why?
Waarom?
E30 Hartge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 11:22 PM   #22
blackshark
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to blackshark
Quote:
Originally posted by A~G
^^^ meaning that you can't drop a nos kit in a stock civic... you have to make adjustments/put better parts into other aspects of the car too ...

right?
sure you can, a cheapy one that makes 25- 50 hp diff and do not
use it instead of regular gas as most people do (hell it is addictive
to push alittle red button)
blackshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 03:54 AM   #23
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin e36
Very good info.. glad to have someone so knowledgable about this on the board. My experiences with NOS goes as far as watching Fast and the Furious. I've tried searching about it on the net but came up with a lot of conflicting information..usually people who are against it. ZEX sounds like a good kit... fairly safe, and well thought out. Is this the same kit you're selling? The thought of a bottle warmer worries me a bit. Do I have anything to worry about on really hot days having the bottle locked up in the trunk?

This is something I should figure out soon, before I do a custom install in the trunk.

Take care,
Justin
The kit i'm selling is the more expensive NX (Nitrous Express) EFI universal kit. It's brand new and the box has infact never been opened.

Something I forgot to mention... Almost all modern kits come with an RPM trigger switch of some sort. Some are a mechanical limit switch that gets installed on the side of the throttle body so the linkage arm hits it on full throttle. Other kits (ZEX) have a wire that taps into the factory ECU harness and TPS (throttle position sensor) wire. Basically, you don't want the nitrous to spray unless you're at WOT (wide open throttle).... and I also recommend not spraying under 3000rpm. I believe the ZEX kit has an adjustable rpm sensor.

Adam, that EGG had a B16A motor with a bunch of bolt ons... I later installed a turbo kit after the NOS was sold. It went good, just ask anyone that raced me.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --

Last edited by EMPOWERD; 04-30-2004 at 03:57 AM.
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: