Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-09-2002, 10:12 PM   #16
Justin
1st Gear Newbie

ahhh... Good point
Old 01-09-2002, 10:15 PM   #17
azn330i
2nd Gear Member

I'm wondering......would cops pull you over for pumping BAD music too loud?? Sometimes, people play classical stuff really loud!!

azn330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 10:40 PM   #18
AzN_E46
3rd Gear Member

LOL..like who??
i could've just ask you right now instead of thru here....
Old 01-09-2002, 10:46 PM   #19
AzN_E46
3rd Gear Member

back on topic.....
do they pull you over even if you're pumping good music?? like loud enuf so that it can be heard from across hwy7??
Old 01-11-2002, 05:24 PM   #20
Phantom
Automation geek

Never been pulled over in the bimmer (Rhoda) but I always seem to have a cop in my rear view running my plate. They even go as far as coming 2 lanes over to swing in behind me. Maybe if I didn't wax my car so often......................
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 01:53 PM   #21
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Bliss,

If anyone knows about being pulled over, I think I deserve that title. My car is a rolling ticket. I've tried to "clean" the car up of any illegal reasons and I still get nailed for improper muffler. Went to court and faught it (and lost).

Always the same questions.... "is this car road leagal?".... "do you have Nitrous Oxide in here"....... "what kind of racing do you do, and what does it do in the quarter?"...... "do you have catalytics?".

I've gotten a ticket before for yellow bulbs (too many warnings on the blue ones) so now I''ve just got Xenon.

I've been warned about having a CLEAR license plate cover on (ANY cover is an obstruction).

Also got a ticket (no warnings either) for no front plate (had my German one on, and my Ontario on the dash)... went to court and won that as well as the yellow bulbs.

Never been caught for speeding though, or wheelies (do them all the time).

Just be careful, IMO it's not worth the hassle.... even if he lets you off with a warning, it's documented and the next cop will definetely nail you.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 04:45 PM   #22
Gamite

They document it? Cuz I was wondering about that, my friend bad mouth'd a cop once, and the second time he had an encounter the cop nailed him for everything. Do you think its because of the first encounter?

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 05:13 PM   #23
djc0ntra

I've been pulled over for speeding and racing nuff times
and i've been forced by the law to buy a sedan with an auto tranny because of it (insurance reasons and so on..no joke).

Having your license plate on the dash wont get you pulled over, i did it for 4 years, but once you do get pulled over if the cop is power tripping they'll nail you for that too...$75 fine =/

for now i'll enjoy cruising in my 325iA for another year or so, then i can step back into my supercharge v8 fiero with an f355 body kit....i still sneak it out around my area sometimes late at night...oh how i wish i could drive it again... =(

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: