Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-13-2002, 09:33 PM   #1
danbean123
2nd Gear Member

How sponsoring works

I'm planning to buy a bimmer and like everyone I want to mod it pretty much. Since all this stuff is quite expensive, I was wondering if it would be worth it to be sponsored ? Will it help me with the cost of the modding of my car ? What are the procedures to do, if I would like to be sponsored by a compagny ( example Momo )?

thanx
danbean123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 09:41 PM   #2
danbean123
2nd Gear Member

thanks, I'll try to contact randy
danbean123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 12:12 AM   #3
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Danbean123,

Sponsoring is not an easy thing to do. Large companies that sponsor people are looking for basically another way of advertising their product.... that means that your car has to be unique for it to catch the eyes of the average retail purchaser or fast as hell the the track to be noticed. Basically, first you have to seriously mod your car to be absolutely crazy in order to make an impression on a million dollar company. They're not going to give their product away to a stock car in hopes that you'll "spread the word". There are some exceptions that I've come across and they were only because the vehicle owner actually worked for the company.
I didn't have any intention to get sponsored..... as a matter of fact, I didn't even think my car was that great. My goal was to get cover on Performance BMW magazine and that was it. In one year, I won 26 first place trophies at car show on the East Coast of Canada and the U.S. and have also been featured in 3 different International magazines more than once.... that's what large manufacturers want to see their product on..... MAXIMUM EXPOSURE.
Basically, you have to judge whether your car is equivalent to a moving bilboard for people to notice the different products on it. It's tuff, and in the long run it doesn't really pay off that much.... I spent $50,000 on my car in the last 2 years to make it this radical, and I didn't do it so I can get a set of free tires for 1 year..... you understand....

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --

Last edited by EMPOWERD; 01-14-2002 at 07:46 AM.
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 12:16 AM   #4
Alex Mc
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to Alex Mc
http://www.importstreetscene.com/iss/sponsorship.asp

good pointers..
(336)-761-0643
"I grip it and i rip it... I live with a lot of flare" -Hansel

Triad Crew
mchewa0@wfu.edu
Alex Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 09:13 AM   #5
bobo
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by empowerd
Danbean123,

Sponsoring is not an easy thing to do. Large companies that sponsor people are looking for basically another way of advertising their product.... that means that your car has to be unique for it to catch the eyes of the average retail purchaser or fast as hell the the track to be noticed. Basically, first you have to seriously mod your car to be absolutely crazy in order to make an impression on a million dollar company. They're not going to give their product away to a stock car in hopes that you'll "spread the word". There are some exceptions that I've come across and they were only because the vehicle owner actually worked for the company.
I didn't have any intention to get sponsored..... as a matter of fact, I didn't even think my car was that great. My goal was to get cover on Performance BMW magazine and that was it. In one year, I won 26 first place trophies at car show on the East Coast of Canada and the U.S. and have also been featured in 3 different International magazines more than once.... that's what large manufacturers want to see their product on..... MAXIMUM EXPOSURE.
Basically, you have to judge whether your car is equivalent to a moving bilboard for people to notice the different products on it. It's tuff, and in the long run it doesn't really pay off that much.... I spent $50,000 on my car in the last 2 years to make it this radical, and I didn't do it so I can get a set of free tires for 1 year..... you understand....

-yeah Randy's like famous even no-name brands like me went to importfest just so I could see his car heh

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: