Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 5 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-04-2004, 07:13 AM   #1
Mohamed 525i
Blond Eagle

what I have to do with these things

Hi guys

I have small problem, I sawped my car engine from M50 to M 50 Vanos (e34)
and on the old engine ( Mark D Chip ) I reached speed of 240 Km with no problem..

after swaping the engine the car is not going more than 200 Km. I guess the engine need somthing to open the rev limit.

So what I have to do ??

One other thing

I am traviling by my on May I have to drive about 5000 Km or more with my wife

so what do u guys suggest me to do with my little E34.

Mohamed

E34 540i Manual
Eibakh Pro Kit | Blistein Shocks | EAT Chip | Racing Dynamics Front Stressbar | Racing Dynamics Swaybar Kit | 850cis Front Brake Kit | Zimmerman Cross-Drilled Brake Rotors All Arround | Hawk Street And Racing Brake Pads |Angel Eyes | 8000k HID Xenon Kit All Arround | Plasma Coils | JB Racing Lightweight Aluminum Flywheel

SOLD!! E38 740il

Searching for E39 M5 .......
Mohamed 525i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 10:45 AM   #2
Fern
2nd Gear Member

Re: what I have to do with these things

Quote:
Originally posted by Mohamed 525i
One other thing

I am traviling by my on May I have to drive about 5000 Km or more with my wife

so what do u guys suggest me to do with my little E34.

Mohamed
Its not quite clear on what you plan on doing in the first place. Is your wife driving one car and your in the other??? Or, do you plan on taking your wife on a trip that you would rather do alone???!

Either way this is what I would do:

Leave the wife at home, bring the most reliable car and hook up with a blonde with big knockers for the lonely ride... Tell wife its a business trip and return home rejuvinated... LOL!

Sorry about the limiter problem as I can't provide any input. Suggest you speak to tech that did engine swap..

Cheers,

Fern

'99 BMW 540i6 (black on black)
'99 Lexus Rx300
Fern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 11:57 AM   #3
MarkD
Banned

Re: what I have to do with these things

Quote:
Originally posted by Mohamed 525i
Hi guys

I have small problem, I sawped my car engine from M50 to M 50 Vanos (e34)
and on the old engine ( Mark D Chip ) I reached speed of 240 Km with no problem..

after swaping the engine the car is not going more than 200 Km. I guess the engine need somthing to open the rev limit.

So what I have to do ??

Mohamed
Hi Mohamed,
did you talk to the mechanic about swapping in the wiring harness and DME from a VANOS motor? Your problem is most likely that the VANOS unit is not being controlled, and so the intake cam is not being adjusted as it should. You HAVE to have this connected to take advantadge of the VANOS.

Mark
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 01:09 PM   #4
Mohamed 525i
Blond Eagle

Hi Mr. Mark
thanx for sharing ,, I got the wiring but not yet fixed coz still seeking for the ECU unit ,,,

its diffecult here here to fine ( I got the wiring from the same car but the same ECU was sold early )

thanx guys

Mohamed

E34 540i Manual
Eibakh Pro Kit | Blistein Shocks | EAT Chip | Racing Dynamics Front Stressbar | Racing Dynamics Swaybar Kit | 850cis Front Brake Kit | Zimmerman Cross-Drilled Brake Rotors All Arround | Hawk Street And Racing Brake Pads |Angel Eyes | 8000k HID Xenon Kit All Arround | Plasma Coils | JB Racing Lightweight Aluminum Flywheel

SOLD!! E38 740il

Old 03-16-2004, 01:18 PM   #5
MarkD
Banned

Hello Mohamed,
if you can not find the ECU I can probably find one in Canada or the USA, and tell you who has it, then you can order it directly from them.

Mark
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 05:42 AM   #6
Mohamed 525i
Blond Eagle

Thanx so much Mr Mark. please if u can do that without bothering and wasting ur time I'll be happy for that also have to order the Chip for it from u and ONLY YOU

thanx sir thanx so much

Mohamed

E34 540i Manual

SOLD!! E38 740il

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: