Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-17-2002, 06:42 PM   #1
sjinto
3rd Gear Member

Question NE1 have a BAD experience w/ EUROPEAN AUTOBODY

before i tell you all about my troubles with them - i'd like to hear if anyone elso had a problem...

for those that have had work done - check it out now before it's too late

sjinto

(i'll do some storytelling after i take some pics)
sjinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 07:24 PM   #2
SickFinga

heh, I guess they rolled you fenders, right?
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 07:57 PM   #3
sjinto
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SickFinga
heh, I guess they rolled you fenders, right?
No but good guess! ;-)

... i had some repairs done a while back when they were called Prestige Auto Collision - (still doing ferraris and bimmers back then)

unfortunately i didn't realize how sh!tty their work was until the rust on my car became too obvious to miss...

2 years later i now have to incurr some big costs in order to fix it

i'll post some pics soon

sjinto
Old 07-17-2002, 08:06 PM   #4
hawai-Ian
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sjinto

No but good guess! ;-)

.unfortunately i didn't realize how sh!tty their work was until the rust on my car became too obvious to miss...

2 years later i now have to incurr some big costs in order to fix it

i'll post some pics soon

sjinto
Bro that's two years since your last paint job! A brand new car will rust (from stone chips, deep scars, etc) if exposed metal is left untreated. ur gonna say you apply anti-rust yearly right?

european autobody.... they've done quality work and good service for me. no worries .
Old 07-18-2002, 08:52 PM   #5
sjinto
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hawai-Ian

Bro that's two years since your last paint job! A brand new car will rust (from stone chips, deep scars, etc) if exposed metal is left untreated. ur gonna say you apply anti-rust yearly right?

european autobody.... they've done quality work and good service for me. no worries .
they replaced and painted one body panel on my car - that's the only one that's rusting...i wish their work on my car backed up their reputation...i know it's tough to determine from one picture but do you think i'm being unfair?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic00004-2.bmp.jpg (19.6 KB, 103 views)
Old 07-18-2002, 09:12 PM   #6
Bliss
Administrator

Damn, that looks pretty bad. I don't think you're being unfair at all. I have been there twice to get some work done. First time was when my E36 was t-boned and they did an awsome job, but got rid of the car before i noticed any rust creeping up, so no worries there. The second time was when i had my hamann body kit installed and painted, and they also did an awsome job on it. I'm really pleased. Although the only problem i did have with them is with one of the workers there named Andrew. He was just a pure a**hole! If anyone decides to do work there, go directly to Emilio.

For maXbimmer decals, please email info@maxbimmer.com
Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 09:21 PM   #7
Gamite

Quote:
Originally posted by sjinto

they replaced and painted one body panel on my car - that's the only one that's rusting...i wish their work on my car backed up their reputation...i know it's tough to determine from one picture but do you think i'm being unfair?

That looks really bad, all the rust is from beneath the paint. Thats the worst. I dont know why it would do that, unless they didnt refinish the inside of the wheel well.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 09:29 PM   #8
sjinto
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Gamite

That looks really bad, all the rust is from beneath the paint. Thats the worst. I dont know why it would do that, unless they didnt refinish the inside of the wheel well.
the body panel is rusting in various spots...especially around the perimeter where it was attached to the other panels...the work was actually done in DEC 99 but i don't think it should ever rust the way it is now

i actually dealt with andrew when i was there...i assumed that they would do a good job considering all the expensive rides i saw.... i guess i got screwed
Old 07-18-2002, 10:32 PM   #9
hawai-Ian
3rd Gear Member

It's ok to vent. It's one the

things ppl do when they visit Max or any forum for that matter.
Judging by the pic, I see that the rusted spots are areas prone to corrosions. They're salt collectors and salt and grits tend to stay in tiny nooks and crannies. How often do you blast those areas with high pressure water? You have to do what you can . Do you protect your car's body from the bad elements by applying anti-rust agents (yearly) on it eg: Rust Check?
Having said that, Im not ruling out the European may have screwed up. Speak to Emilio and ask for his professional assessment. Give them a chance to be part of the problem/solution. my 0.02
Old 07-18-2002, 10:45 PM   #10
sjinto
3rd Gear Member

i here what you're saying - and i'm trying to be realistic...i've already talked to emilio...at first he told me that it wasn't his problem b/c prestige auto changed to european autobody 4 days after the date of my invoice...so i went to the current prestige (across the street)- they said it was emilio's problem....the whole time i didn't expect anybody to take responsibility considering the work was done a while back-but i had to give it a shot...

in the end emilio said he'll try to fix it (of course i would have to pay for it again) - but could i really take it back there after going through all this?

i don't know where i'll take it now but i need to do it soon....

after i finish venting i'll search the board for some other shops in T.O.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: