Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-24-2004, 04:59 PM   #16
325iSBimmer
///MMMM VIDA

Send a message via MSN to 325iSBimmer
Quote:
Originally posted by MorningCruiser
I know I'm gonna sound like a weenie to every single guy in here who actually runs Kuhmos, but they're garbage. Good for the price, yes, but that doesn't make them a good tire big for Kuhmos.

They are made out of cheaper grade rubber, forget the compound type, but every honest tire dealer will tell you they're not performance tires in the least.

After all my friends who didn't have big money went with Kuhmos came to me after two months complaining because they are junk tires saying they should've spent the extra hundred a tire and bought REAL high quality tires I decided that I'd never recommend them to anyone... ever.

Personally, Michelin/Pirelli are the way to go, so I'd grab the Pilots
I know kumho's are not great tires especially their other lines ( i had a set on my old 17's and they were not confidence inspiring!) but the ECSTA MX's are supposedly the best kumho has and they are competative for the price... I know Pilots are better and so are other tires but It's the price that makes the Kumho's attractive... I mean... icant afford to replace $800 worth of rear rubber every summer..... If the pilots were a little cheaper I'd grab them again for sure....

as far as the driving goes....I'd say its "spirited"... my front pilots are still like brand new...but the rears are totally gone..... I guess I'm a little heavy on the gas off the line....

I'll eventually learn

spining tires costs WAY too much for me
Old 02-24-2004, 05:10 PM   #17
MorningCruiser
6th Gear Member

Well, *jerk mode on* strong suggestion: Get a better paying job, a tire sponsor, OR change your driving style a little... Ever seen Days of Thunder? By the way, that's not really serious ^^^ but, I personally would suggest the third option... I probably wouldn't but that's because I have to money for new rubber every summer, haha.

Quote:
Originally posted by AlpWhitE46
"Im sickfinga, im always right."
MorningCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 05:25 PM   #18
Krim 325I
3rd Gear Member

Here , that helped me alot on what tire to choose from : http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/index.jsp

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/uhp.jsp

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/max.jsp

Everyone looking to buy new tire should take a look there
Old 02-24-2004, 05:31 PM   #19
MorningCruiser
6th Gear Member

Make sure you read the reviews, and take note of what the driving style of the owners was.

Quote:
Originally posted by AlpWhitE46
"Im sickfinga, im always right."
MorningCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 05:54 PM   #20
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
All I know is that the Kumho MX's cannot be compared in anyway to the Ecsta 712, that's like comparing a Michelin Pilot sport to an MXV4.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 06:13 PM   #21
chromius
6th Gear Member

wow, anyone tried the eagle F1 Gs-D3? The stats are really good, and they are pretty competitivly priced!

Last edited by chromius; 02-24-2004 at 06:16 PM.
chromius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 03:04 AM   #22
325iSBimmer
///MMMM VIDA

Send a message via MSN to 325iSBimmer
Quote:
Originally posted by MorningCruiser
Well, *jerk mode on* strong suggestion: Get a better paying job, a tire sponsor, OR change your driving style a little... Ever seen Days of Thunder? By the way, that's not really serious ^^^ but, I personally would suggest the third option... I probably wouldn't but that's because I have to money for new rubber every summer, haha.
I know you were joking about the better paying job thing; at least i hope.

but as a side note... I am after all only 19....Im still in school...and my daddy doesn't pay for my shit(car,maintenance,insurance, nothing).... so as far as my part time job goes... its about all i can do to keep my car... so sometimes i cant always get top of the line..

Im not trying to be rude.... ... I'm just stating why im intrested in the cheaper alternative to pilots.... Not that im trying to cheap out on price but expect the same quality or performance.....

BTW thanx for all the input guys...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: