Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2004, 03:56 PM   #46
beemer
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Kannus, Finland
Posts: 20
~155mph (250km/h) on an E30 325i turbo (330hp/433nm, for you americans thats 330hp/~270lbs/ft ?)

225/45-16 tires
3.64 ratio
fifth gear (0.81)
6500rpm

It should be something like 250km/h. All I can tell for sure is that Volvo S80 2.5T '00-> was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind... .
beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 04:02 PM   #47
diegom6
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Lima-Peru , South America
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally posted by beemer
~155mph (250km/h) on an E30 325i turbo (330hp/433nm, for you americans thats 330hp/~270lbs/ft ?)

225/45-16 tires
3.64 ratio
fifth gear (0.81)
6500rpm

It should be something like 250km/h. All I can tell for sure is that Volvo S80 2.5T '00-> was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind... .
do you have more specs and pics of your car?
__________________
diegom6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 04:29 PM   #48
beemer
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Kannus, Finland
Posts: 20
Here is some specs.. I don't own the car anymore. Sold it few months ago.

http://www.cc.puv.fi/~t0100934/kuvat.html (bottom of screen)
http://www.cc.puv.fi/~t0100934/BMW325_specs.html

Only in Finnish.. sorry..

Basicly... stock m20b25, mosselman exhaust manifold, garrett t04 (55/59), large intercooler, 535i injectors and afm. Stock motronic. Blew a few head gaskets, but damn.. it was fast...
beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 04:38 PM   #49
diegom6
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Lima-Peru , South America
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally posted by beemer
Here is some specs.. I don't own the car anymore. Sold it few months ago.

http://www.cc.puv.fi/~t0100934/kuvat.html (bottom of screen)
http://www.cc.puv.fi/~t0100934/BMW325_specs.html

Only in Finnish.. sorry..

Basicly... stock m20b25, mosselman exhaust manifold, garrett t04 (55/59), large intercooler, 535i injectors and afm. Stock motronic. Blew a few head gaskets, but damn.. it was fast...
Oh! I saw your car before, now I remember it, from E30SPort isn't it? COngrats! sad that you don't own the car anymore
__________________
diegom6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 03:49 AM   #50
e30-323ti
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Wgtn, NZ
Posts: 59
Ran out of speedo (140mph) then I changed into 5th, was still pulling hard, got scared and chickened out!!
Should pull to 170mph, fook that in a E30!!

3.46 diff
0.78 5th
225/45 16's
__________________

292rwhp E30
e30-323ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 03:51 AM   #51
Jase
twisted beyond reason
 
Jase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Chatham
Posts: 3,281
Send a message via MSN to Jase
My car did 140kph on a trailer..yaaaaaaaa! Technicly my car is a 318 though
__________________
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 03:38 PM   #52
bmdoubleya
6th Gear Member
 
bmdoubleya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 2,002
Quote:
Originally posted by Bas325
I find it weird that American E30 325i cars don't go that fast. I have as I said a standard 325i and that goes faster than some of your chiped cars.

235 km/h with a standard 325i M20 engine.
The true e30's from Germany only came with km I am sure they did some other changes to the american versions
bmdoubleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 06:29 PM   #53
Skunk#1
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: austin, tx (512)
Posts: 1,365
e30-323ti
do you have any pics of the twin turbos? did you make your own manifold(s)? damn 140 and then shifted to fifth, thats fuc**n fast.
__________________
BMW--Because Mine Won
BMW--Built My Way-better than good
Skunk#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 06:36 PM   #54
chromius
6th Gear Member
 
chromius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,006
Quote:
Originally posted by e30-323ti
Ran out of speedo (140mph) then I changed into 5th, was still pulling hard, got scared and chickened out!!
Should pull to 170mph, fook that in a E30!!

3.46 diff
0.78 5th
225/45 16's
Man thats nuts! Hope you had some Z rated tires on there!
chromius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 11:43 PM   #55
e30-323ti
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Wgtn, NZ
Posts: 59
Stock twin turbos, I'm running a toyota supra engine!!

I think the tyres are Z rated!?!?!
I don't do it regularly, just wanted to see how it would go, very well was the answer.

Looking for a 3.73 or 3.9 LSD, pulling over 100mph in 3rd gets you in to trouble too much!!
e30-323ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 08:23 AM   #56
chromius
6th Gear Member
 
chromius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,006
Quote:
Originally posted by e30-323ti
Stock twin turbos, I'm running a toyota supra engine!!

I think the tyres are Z rated!?!?!
I don't do it regularly, just wanted to see how it would go, very well was the answer.

Looking for a 3.73 or 3.9 LSD, pulling over 100mph in 3rd gets you in to trouble too much!!
Do you have any pics?
chromius is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2014