Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-13-2004, 09:45 PM   #1
328is_Perf
5th Gear Member

Lightbulb I Can make Pullies!

Ok my father has a machine shop... we got enough mills and lathes to make just about anything out of metal..

Ive been thinking if anyone wants lightweight pullies... I know we can make them at the shop...

3 pullies... out of T6061 aluminum... same everything except lighter and quicker at accelerating..

Anyone interested??

alternator, water pump, and power steering pullies

i have the sizing on the 328is (M52) engine so far... if theres any other requests ... give me dimensions and data...

Price im looking upon for introductory can be from 100-250 USD depending on how it goes..

also i can make high or low compression pistons if i get dimensions
328is_Perf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 09:49 PM   #2
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
Re: I Can make Pullies!

Quote:
Originally posted by 328is_Perf
Ok my father has a machine shop... we got enough mills and lathes to make just about anything out of metal..

Ive been thinking if anyone wants lightweight pullies... I know we can make them at the shop...

3 pullies... out of T6061 aluminum... same everything except lighter and quicker at accelerating..
Why not make them a little larger then stock so they underdrive the accesories? You'll gain power that way.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 10:03 PM   #3
328is_Perf
5th Gear Member

i can make them larger, but i need to know how much larger... for them all?

if anyone has dimensions it'll be appreciated to hear about them...

I need input...

I also need to know if anyone's interested... I'll be putting some on my car too... other companies sell these for 300+ so 150 or so should be a really good deal!

The ONE and ONLY TRUE ///M3:
E36 ///M3 GTR

Last edited by 328is_Perf; 02-13-2004 at 10:05 PM.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:23 PM   #4
thinair
moderationistismingly

Quote:
i can make them larger, but i need to know how much larger... for them all?

if anyone has dimensions it'll be appreciated to hear about them...

I need input...

I also need to know if anyone's interested... I'll be putting some on my car too... other companies sell these for 300+ so 150 or so should be a really good deal!
I have UUC underdrive pullies on my car, but I don't have a micrometer to give you an accurate measurement.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
Old 02-13-2004, 11:08 PM   #5
328is_Perf
5th Gear Member

how much faster does it make your car... is it noticeable?

i need to find those dimensions somehow... if you can get them measured it'll be great

The ONE and ONLY TRUE ///M3:
E36 ///M3 GTR
Old 02-13-2004, 11:23 PM   #6
thinair
moderationistismingly

Quote:
how much faster does it make your car... is it noticeable?
Nope, not really. I'm sure the dyno would should some gains, but nothing I can tell from the seat of my pants, aside from a very slight increase in engine response.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: