Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-06-2002, 10:00 AM   #1
notjoe
600rwhp here i come

Send a message via ICQ to notjoe
The poor honda we killed lastnight

Last night i was driving back from the Kitchener area coming across the 401 when these two cars just flew right by me.
Since it looked kind of interesting i th ought i would see what was up so i hammered the throttle and was catching up to them when i noticed that it was a Beemer and CRX racing across the 401.

I thought i might as well have some fun on the way home, they were probably going about 160-180 or so at this point.

So i pull up on the other side of the Honda, now the Honda has Two beemers, one on each side to play with. Well, Nuff said that at this point things started to get really fun as we all kill the pedal and start to go faster.

We left the honda in the dust, i cut over into the other lane (the one where the honda was, but he was still way back there) and was neck and neck with the other bmw. It was beautiful, we both have the throttle open but the best part was that from about 180 to to about 240 we were neck and neck until i came up on some guy going about 120 in the fast lane and i had to hit the breaks, which was ok since he go off at the next exit.

I loved it and feel sorry for the honda driver not h aving to race one beemer but havinfg to deal with one on both sides of him!

(anyways, if the dude in the black beemer is on here drop me a line!)

Joe

Last edited by notjoe; 07-06-2002 at 10:28 AM.
notjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 03:24 AM   #2
rico328i
5th Gear Member

upgrades

Hey Joe,

I also have a 98 328i. What kind of gains did you notice with the software upgrade you did? And what kind of money are we talking about here? My car's pretty much stock at the moment besides a wheel upgrade and a drop in k & n. Looks like you were able to get over the 208km/hr speed limiter!

I'm interested.

Thanks,
Rico
rico328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 09:22 AM   #3
notjoe
600rwhp here i come

Re: upgrades

Quote:
Originally posted by rico328i
Hey Joe,

I also have a 98 328i. What kind of gains did you notice with the software upgrade you did? And what kind of money are we talking about here? My car's pretty much stock at the moment besides a wheel upgrade and a drop in k & n. Looks like you were able to get over the 208km/hr speed limiter!

I'm interested.

Thanks,
Rico
The Dinan Stage 1 software upgrade was just under $1k and it removes the top speed limiter. I noticed a difference in torque off the line but not too much difference once your going 60+.

IMHO (in my humble opinion) it is well worth it.

Joe
notjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 10:43 AM   #4
SickFinga

1k for a chip???!!!!!!????!!!!!!
OMG!!!! I guess you spam good
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 11:31 AM   #5
notjoe
600rwhp here i come

Quote: