Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-25-2004, 01:26 PM   #1
snd84318i
3rd Gear Member

idle revs up to high ajustment

just wanted to let you guys know that i found a way to ajust the idle . my ca was reving up at 1500 rpms which was a bit high but i could deal with it .but it now shot up to 2500 rpms . i asked this question before and guys had said to change the idle valve and unit . about a $300 job . so i looked over my manuel to see info about this. there it was an ajustment screw that i looked over . i read thia book not wood for word but still i missed this part . so it says to tun the car on untill its warmed up . unplug the connection on your valve it should rev up alittle more . then turn the screw clockwise ( i didnt feel the revs going down so i pluged the connection back in and then i felt the revs going down as i turned the screw) as you turn the screw check your rpms in the car i set mine to 1000 rpms . now the book says to do this so im asuming that it would not harm the valve . i dont know if you guys knew this ot not .
snd84318i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 01:26 AM   #2
snd84318i
3rd Gear Member

why was it closed and moved^^^^^ sorry for the spelling errors i need to start reading before i post lol .
Old 01-26-2004, 03:37 AM   #3
Jammasterj
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Jammasterj
so basically you were adjusting the idle on your carburetor
its all computer managed these days
Old 01-26-2004, 03:52 AM   #4
Boris The Blade

I'm having the same problem. I idle high (not all the time) then it will shoot up to about 2500. I tap the gas, it goes down then right up again. I found that if I shut the car off completely and then started it again it would go back to normal. Its making me so crazy that I'm ready to send it in to BMW to have it checked out.

so what you're saying is that i let the car warm up, unplug the connector from the idle control valve, adjuat the setting then plug it back in should help this? I'll give it a shot

Johnny
Boris The Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 06:19 AM   #5
snd84318i
3rd Gear Member

^^^ i would check the afm . had that happen to my nissan max . it says to unplug it but i was turning the screw and nothing happened untill i pluged it back in . then it started to rev lower .

its not a carb . its the idle control valve . it has a ajustment screw on it .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg e30_fuel_injection3.jpg (149.6 KB, 26 views)
snd84318i is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: