Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-15-2004, 03:17 AM   #16
325iSBimmer
///MMMM VIDA

Send a message via MSN to 325iSBimmer
Im pretty sure I've got it nailed down to Hydraulic lifters.....
but i will only find out unless I replace them or take it to the dealer...and i think replacing them will be cheaper for me...lol
Old 01-17-2004, 06:57 PM   #17
E36pilot
1st Gear Newbie

I had that recently too. About two weekas ago it was 7 degree F here and I had that message so straight to "Autozone" I went. After a half an hour outside, I ended up replacing 8 bulbs.....it was gone, the message that is. Took the bulbs inside and they said 3 of them were bad (tester), I kept the others even though they had a greyish look to em. 20 bucks and a half an hour will probably be the extent of your solution.
E36pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 05:18 PM   #18
325iSBimmer
///MMMM VIDA

i've been replacing lights but there is two that i can't find....
heres what I've replaced
-2 reverse lights
-2 turn signal lights
then there are 3 lights along the bottom of each tail light assymbly. the one closest to the inside lights up when you push the brake pedal and the two outer ones are one with the lights ON..well the only one I can't find it the Outer one.... do you know that the bulb # is... If you do that would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-25-2004, 06:08 PM   #19
325iSBimmer
///MMMM VIDA

Well. I figured out what the problem was. After about 6 hours and the removal of the whole left side interior of my car from the trunk, to the rear seat, the side panels, the front seat, the kick panel and the bottom half of my dash board.
I had replaced all the bulbs and was still getting that message so then i decide to just have a look at the wires. Thats when i noticed that two wires had been "rigged together to make but tail lights light up; when in fact only one of the wires had power coming to it. So with a tester and a wiring schematic I started to trace the wire back and found that somewhere underneath the carpet right about under the drivers seat there must have been a break in it. So what i did is a ran a wire fom just under the dashboard where the original wire still showed power to where the original wire came up and out of the carpet.
This solved the problem. It was a lot of work taking the interior apart but after replacing all the bulbs and still getting the message I was determined to get that stupid message off no matter what it took....even if it was 6 hours later..lol

one positive is I replaced all the little light bulbs that are usually burnt out like the ashtray lights and the light that lights up the headlight and fog light switch
Old 01-25-2004, 06:41 PM   #20
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Ya i had the exact same problem with my factory tails, when i bought the car, it would only happen once i turned on the lowbeams. Once i purchased my OEM clear tails, i noticed that one of the pins was not making proper contact, and when i installed the OEM tails, it removed this problem for me!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: