Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-16-2004, 09:32 AM   #46
umnitza
3rd Gear Member

There are a lot of untruths on this thread as there were on the other angel eyes thread.

Here are some pictures of our product - DDE - which is brighter than anything on the market, including the competitor mentioned here:
Red:

Blue:

Competition:
Old 01-16-2004, 08:46 PM   #47
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
umnitza: relax... you don't need to post your advertisement and attempt to knock down every other brand of angel eyes out there everytime someone posts a message. My angels I actually BOUGHT FROM YOU... so ease up, no need to say your company's angel eyes are better, because they're the same product.

Pharsh & Solomatic: ... there you go. My angels are basically a set of umnitza's.... however a hybrid of a bunch of different designs, many of which I had to buy from umnitza.. (as every couple months they released a "newer brightest ever DEE angel eyes!") which you had to shell or more money for an upgrade kit. In it's rawest form my kit is a hybrid of 2nd Generation and 5th Generation.. HOWEVER, I've done a lot of custom modding with it... especially with the light boxes. Hey, the angels serve their purpose... and it looks good enough for me. You can see it during the day.. as long as the sun isn't directly shining on the headlight housing... they're not as bright as the lightning's tho---but I do like the solid look to them, and the fact that I can put any color filter I want in there. And in my opinion they look nicer than the blue ones Umnitza posted in his latest message... those look messy to me... I like SOLID lines. Makes it look more professional... (not to mention the ones on that white bimmer look photoshopped with the contrast put high up.) That's one of the reasons I modified my angel's... to make the rings more prominant.

Oh yeah, Pharsh.. as to the eyelids.. there was a store in the UK that sold them, but for $120.. and they wanted $40 shipping to Canada... so I had my own ones made up.. painted black, they looked awesome with the angels.. but I took them off now and have regular eyelids on. Simply because... during the day, it looked pretty darn ugly. I think I have some pics of it on my home computer and the website which I got the idea from. Anyway, I'm hoping to do a hood mod which will incorporate the eyelids into them so I can keep that mean look.

I hope that helps clarify some things for everyone,

Justin e36

Last edited by Justin e36; 01-16-2004 at 10:34 PM.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 10:05 PM   #48
omid
Chillingz

here is what i found
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reddamon.jpg (36.5 KB, 137 views)
Old 01-16-2004, 10:27 PM   #49
Skunk#1
6th Gear Member

i have posted about angel eyes for e30's, from nikis place and everyone said not to do it. is there a reputable place for angel eyes for the e30 that look good?
Skunk#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 02:12 AM   #50
BladeRunner
4th Gear Member

Could some of you please down size some of the picture you all post, i'm sure the admin and mods would agree. Anyway, are there any angles eyes available for the e30s yet. The U.S. aftermarket for BMWs sucks man I might have to visit Eur-Asia or Austraillia. Compared to say sealed beams or ellipsoides how much better are the angel eyes.
Old 01-17-2004, 04:38 AM   #51
PBalla
3rd Gear Member

umnitza sells DDEs for e30s

there are ultimately two routes for e30s

umnitza:

1)euro ellips
2) BAV AUTO COVERS
3) DDEs from umnitza
*the DDEs go right beneath the bavauto covers (www.bmpd.com ?)

Quote:
DDE Lightning Enhanced is - with the covers from BavAuto - a much brighter and more viable option

other route:
http://www.mmsport.s5.com/e30.html
1) ellipsoids
2) rings from mmsport
*go on outside of light, less OEM look

Im not sure what this whitestart stuff is.

and justin, MORE PICTURES ASAP, when u say you change the colors, do u have to open the lights and replace the rings or not? if so, isn't that a hassle?
Old 01-17-2004, 06:06 PM   #52
CroatM3
2nd Gear Member

good stuff guys

D M W⤰
CroatM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 12:18 AM   #53
bart320i
6th Gear Member

I find the DDE lightning too bright.
Old 01-18-2004, 04:12 AM   #54
umnitza
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bart320i
I find the DDE lightning too bright.
we include a dimmer if you like

BTW - Justin, while YOU are correct in one respect, we don't want to allow people the opportunity to forget that the pre-eminent Halo makers is right there

Sorry about the every few months stuff, you'll notice that ever since we got involved in the distribution and manufacturing, there have only been 2 releases and both of which are just different and not substitutes. That's almost 5 months of not releasing a brand new design

But we're cooking something different up as well
Old 01-18-2004, 06:46 AM   #55
PBalla
3rd Gear Member

ur always cooking

what rims are those in ur sig umnitza on that car?
Old 01-18-2004, 06:49 AM   #56
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

actually from umnitza's pic...i find the "lower quality" one better because his reflect off the housing. where the other one doesnt..

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 07:01 AM   #57
umnitza
3rd Gear Member

Those are Klauber and frankly in real life they are 10X better than on pictures.

And they are 10X better on the car than they are on the shelf.

A little hyperbole never hurt anyone.

E46, it's almost accurate, but a camera doesn't compensate very well in high intensity light situations. Yes, they do bounce a little off the housing, but here's a better resolution picture that shows you in REAL life how defined they really are:

Old 01-18-2004, 07:04 AM   #58
R_JAY
Has the world for ransom

Quote:
Originally posted by umnitza
Those are Klauber and frankly in real life they are 10X better than on pictures.

And they are 10X better on the car than they are on the shelf.

A little hyperbole never hurt anyone.

E46, it's almost accurate, but a camera doesn't compensate very well in high intensity light situations. Yes, they do bounce a little off the housing, but here's a better resolution picture that shows you in REAL life how defined they really are:

Ok those are sweet! Too bad that dude's foglight is messed up
R_JAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 07:13 AM   #59
umnitza
3rd Gear Member

Actually, he has HID fogs in there So, both his fog lights cost more than most people's headlights
Old 01-19-2004, 02:37 AM   #60
Hamann_323ci
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin e36
here are mine. I change the color often though... right now they're red... but I go with purple, and green at times too.. depending on my mood... red and blue definately get the most attention. Red scares people more... and I notice them look in their rearview and switch lanes for me often... dunno why, think it's the cops?.. or just scared? ;/
Hey Justin, what DDE kit is that. Looks really sweet! I'm thinking about getting one for my E46!
Hamann_323ci is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: