Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-10-2004, 06:02 PM   #1
Lester
2nd Gear Member

Question Zymol vs. Zaino vs. Liquid Glass

Does anyone have any opinions on these product lines for their Bmw? My car is Emerald Blue with grey leather if the colour/s makes a difference...

Thanks,
Lester
Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 06:18 PM   #2
crusher
OMGHI2U2

Send a message via Skype™ to crusher
I recomend zaino. Its very time consuming though.
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 03:49 AM   #3
SpikedLemon
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to SpikedLemon
The Zymol wasn't bad... but I don't think its worth buying again.

- Rob.

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 2.2 (Yellow)
2000 Honda CBR929RR (Yellow)
SpikedLemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 07:34 PM   #4
dtthiaga
6th Gear Member

I use Zaino, along with a couple of my buddies. I like it a lot. It shines better on darker colour cars!!!!

Take a look at this quick test someone did.
Wax Tests

For a fresh start[list=1][*] The first time, you have to wash car with Blue Dawn Dish Soap. It removes all the wax build up. [*] Apply Zaino Z1 to the Car (Z-1 Polish Lok). Apply in circular motion. A thin coat is all is needed. Let it dry thoroughly. This spring, I’m switching to Zaino ZFX (Flash Cure Accelerator Additive) instead of the Zaino Z1. There is no dry time needed. [*] Once Z1 or ZFX is dry, apply Zaino Z2 (Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes). Do not wipe off Z1/ZFX. Apply Z2 directly on top of Z1/ZFX. You may have to use Z-3 (Show Car Polish for Regular Paint) instead if you don’t have a clear coat. For the hood, roof and trunk, use a “front-to-back motions” when applying. For the sides of the car, use an “up-down motion” when applying it. [*] Once Z2 is dry (can take several hours) buff off with a clean cotton cloth. [*] If you have some light scratches, you can go to Z5 (Zaino Z5 Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches) just after applying Z1 or ZFX. Let it dry and buff off. After this, you can go back to Z2 Car Polish. [*] Using Z6 (Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray) spray small amounts on small area and wipe into paint. If you use too much, it will streak. Let the Z1/ZFX, Z2 and Z6 dry overnight. [/list=1]

Basically, I do in the following order (once in the spring, once in the fall). Step 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 the first day, and then Steps 4 and 6 again the second day while the car sits in the garage. That’s 2 coats of Zaino Z2 first time around. The more Z2 coats you apply, the deeper the shine

For maintaining the Zaino finish, after the full blown steps mentioned above…[list=1][*] Wash the car with Zaino Car Wash. Meguiar's car wash works too. [*] Dry Car[*] Apply Zaino Z2 and let it dry. [*] Once Dry, buff off. [*] Apply Zaino Z6 to car. [/list=1]

I don’t Zaino every time I wash the car. Per season, I probably put on total of about 4 coats of Z2.

This is the first year I’ve used Zaino, and there are probably other members who are more experienced in applying the product. Just though I’d share what worked for me.

Last edited by dtthiaga; 01-11-2004 at 07:44 PM.
dtthiaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 07:54 PM   #5
dtthiaga
6th Gear Member

Just a heads up,
Zaino can be bought at the following location.

The Barber's Chair
Phone: (905)820-9960
Erin Mills Town Centre, Streetsville, ON L5M 4Z5

There is a place in quelph as well.
dtthiaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 07:58 PM   #6
325iSBimmer
///MMMM VIDA

Send a message via MSN to 325iSBimmer
how does the meguires deep crystal 3 step system compare to this Zaino stuff...

I've always been a fanatic about keeping my car spotless and waxing it often but I've never heard of this Zaino stuff....

is it the best car wax out there?
Old 01-11-2004, 09:29 PM   #7
FastM3
is dreaming of ///M's

AutoGlym is the best!
FastM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 12:48 AM   #8
KaschmirBeige3
Comfortably Numb

Send a message via AIM to KaschmirBeige3
I use Zaino on all of our cars. It is a bit time consuming but the results are worth all the work. Zaino will outlast ANY carnauba wax becuase it is a polymer. The shine it brings on a dark car is simply stunning.

On a side note, I bought a Porter Cable 7424 Random Orbital Polisher. This thing is great. It is virtually impossible to screw up your paint. Doesn't create swirls since its a Random Orbit. I did the E46 with it with 3M swirl Mark remover polish and then topped off with Zaino...all i can say is that MY car is now Swirl free(not that it had many to begin with )
Old 01-12-2004, 02:17 AM   #9
325iSBimmer
///MMMM VIDA

Send a message via MSN to 325iSBimmer
where else other that the barbers chair can i get this Zaino stuff
and how much does it cost?
Old 01-15-2004, 12:06 PM   #10
Lester
2nd Gear Member

They have a Canadian web site - I recommend the kit for the best value. You can call or fax your order and get it in one business day...

Lester
- DZ CDVD
- RE CS
- H & R Sport Springs
Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 06:18 PM   #11
STALKER
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to STALKER
I have used Zymol and Zaino. Zymol is great stuff, smells great too. Very easy to apply and gives a great shine, but does not last long enough, especially in our climate. Zaino I found gives a good shine but lasts much longer, but you have to layer it, the more the better, I was up to 8 before winter hit. So if get Zaino and layer it, and you can use it in cold weather, just takes a long time to dry. Zymol can only be used when it is warmer, forget the specific range though.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
//RAC RG63//Volk TE37//AP Racing BBK//Akrapovic Exhaust//Dinan SW//Dinan Intake//JRZ RS1 Coilovers//Dinan Monoball Control Arm Bearings//VRS Diffuser//
STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 05:05 AM   #12
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

anyone got a pic of cars with any of these? wtf is liquid glass?

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 06:33 AM   #13
Alezone
Capitalism

Anywhere I can pay someone to Zaino my car? I'm lazy

PORSCHE 981
Alezone is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: