Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-14-2004, 10:42 PM   #31
Jase
twisted beyond reason

Send a message via MSN to Jase
Photo radar cameras are usually inside vans not on top. I remember they were usually astro vans with the large side window. At night you would see a flash as you went by.
Jase
Old 01-14-2004, 11:52 PM   #32
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MorningCruiser
Actually, my primary vehicle is entirely capable of exceeding it's 220km/h speedo and has done it before.

I've had my share of stupid fast driving, and will never do it again in Canada. In the US on the highway where I can get away with murder, may be a different story.

And by the way, the newer cameras take a picture of the driver aswell, if it looks like you, take a hike, cause you're screwed.

Ask me, I know. I got 3 pictures not long ago in the mail. One of me driving, one of my vehicle, and one of my plate.

By the way, Soldomatic, my primary car has more than double the displacement of your car. So I wouldn't be so ready to jump the gun and say that I drive a K-car mister "I'm hot ****" Oh, and mine has 3.92 gearing, from the factory. And no, it's not a muscle car
WOW, your car is really SPEACIAL!
What i'm saying its stupid, cause its such a waste of peoples money, i mean theres so many loopholes its not funny, if it can take a pic of the driver, then UP WITH SKI MASKS i SAY!
And what are they gonna do outlaw ski masks, sunglasses, hats, its stupid and pointless!
Old 01-15-2004, 12:10 AM   #33
crusher
OMGHI2U2

Send a message via Skype™ to crusher
more reason to get radar
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 12:58 AM   #34
M3Turboca
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to M3Turboca
By the way the picture posted was a Marksman laser gun and not photo radar.

Personally I think photo radar is shit and wicked. The 400 series highway easily supports 120km and the govt knows it.

How can they expect to slow down traffic and the damm gta 400 highway are already packed with traffic.

They should release and do a survey when last have you heard that speeding no matter how fast on the gta 400 highway has caused an accident.

They should raise the damm gta 400 series highway to 120km and set up photo radar at maybe 130km.

Better believe if the prick brings in photo radar on the next election voters will remember and the pc will say I will remove photo radar then he has my vote.

Last edited by M3Turboca; 01-15-2004 at 01:05 AM.
M3Turboca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 01:51 AM   #35
325iSBimmer
///MMMM VIDA

Send a message via MSN to 325iSBimmer
Quote:
Originally posted by chanh
SEE that's what ppl get voting for this fag
EXACTLY....I swear...Im gonna be the first to the Premier of Ontario.....

I ABSOLUTELY hate that MotherF***er....

How did he get anywhere in politics.....All he does is LIE...
oh wait....thats how.....
I HATE canadian Politics
Old 01-15-2004, 03:15 AM   #36
app
5th Gear Member

I assume a radar detector will pick up this unit, and since this is a photo radar it would be a continuous radar not in burst?
Old 01-15-2004, 03:30 AM   #37
WASABI
OG

Booooooooooooo ! As a source of revenue ??? Fak that ! Has speeding been a real threat in T.O. ? Any stats available out there showing how dangerous it has become ?
WASABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 05:20 AM   #38
sonny
6th Gear Member

Old 01-15-2004, 05:59 AM   #39
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
I'm not too worried. Just in case though, I got a set of those anti-photo radar plate covers at some shop around scarborough. It makes the letters not show up in the photo.

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Last edited by djcontra; 01-15-2004 at 06:05 AM.
djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 11:14 AM   #40
app
5th Gear Member

is that a cover that just go's over the license plate, and then when the photo is taken, it's distorted?
Old 01-15-2004, 12:27 PM   #41
bart320i
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MorningCruiser
I'm all for it to be out there. We have it here, if you don't drive like a retard, you're fine.

And no, they do not need to be in the vehicle, and here in Calgary they have a brilliant way of setting them up. On the backs of speed change signs etc.

The most commonly known speed trap is the near permanent van in the CBC parking lot on Memorial. It sits there, and catches so many people it's not even funny.

I don't know why people are getting so mad because they can't speed like morons anymore. If you want to speed at absurd speeds, go out on the highway where your radar detector won't help you even if there is a cop shooting radar. Honestly I'm tired of hearing my friends and family bitch and whine about getting tickets for speeding. Every single photo radar camera here in Calgary is setup to take a photo at over 8km/h over the limit. It takes 3 pictures of you, one of the driver, one of the plate and one of the "vehicular scene" so that they know if you're passing and whatnot. They won't really ticket you unless you're going 13+ over the limit, so keep your pants on. If you're reasonable about it you're fine, you don't even get demerits, so be thankful it's not a real cop.

*flamesuit and end rant*

Edit - Oh, and we have completely unmarked personal vehicles permitted for running radar/laser etc. Including a 2003 Z06. I wasn't ready for that thing to pull me over, I tell you...
Seriously man all your posts seem to be outsmarting other people or trying to make them inferior to you.
First it was your stupid S-class to 7 series comment now this. Do us a favour and please post some pics of your super car cause from all I know is your just some 13 year old hill billy
Old 01-15-2004, 03:21 PM   #42
SebSter
6th Gear Member

where do you get that cover that reflects the flash from the pictures and makes it unreadable? ive been looking for that for a while seems like a good investment, anyone?

Old car 1990 325ix. Current car 2000 540i.
SebSter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 12:54 AM   #43
blackshark
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to blackshark
well then i will get valentine 1 antyradar/jammer and this cameras will
suck off
blackshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 04:43 AM   #44
NickP

Quote:
Originally posted by dtthiaga
If photo radar means less of those speed traps on the 407 and 400 highways, then I guess itís okay. Look on the bright side, you donít loose demerit points like speed traps. Itís still a money making eventÖ

Photo radar also doesn't (at least it didn't) affect your insurance since they couldn't prove who was driving the car. So if more photo radar means less of the other kind of radar I'm all for it.
NickP is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: