Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-29-2003, 02:02 PM   #1
greekthang
6th Gear Member

Smile Suspension and bushings upgrade !!!

Hey guys,

I just recently bought the FK coilover kit for AMI ( Looks sweet ). My questions for anyone that can help is when i do my suspension and sway bar upgrade I want to replace any worn out rubber bushings if not all of then underneath my car. The only problem guys is that I have no idea how many there are under neath there and I was wondering if anyone can help me out. Is there a package deal of rubber bushings (polyurethane) that is made for may car to upgrade the stock originals. I have 135,000km on the car and I think it is about time.

If anyone can help that would be great.

thanks
Old 12-29-2003, 04:19 PM   #2
Soldo
6th Gear Member

DAMN!
I have about 250km, maybe its about time for me too!
You best bet would be to call up a performance place that sells them, or even call bmw and tell them you need to replace your bushings and ask how many there are!
Old 12-29-2003, 05:14 PM   #3
greekthang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
DAMN!
I have about 250km, maybe its about time for me too!
You best bet would be to call up a performance place that sells them, or even call bmw and tell them you need to replace your bushings and ask how many there are!

thanks pal. I think the best beat is to call up a performace shop and ask. Anyone know of a good one that would sell this particular stuff ??
Old 12-29-2003, 05:51 PM   #4
Soldo
6th Gear Member

i know BMPD.com has just about every bushing that exists for BMW's, only catch its in texas!
Old 12-29-2003, 06:13 PM   #5
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

www.bavauto.com ?

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 06:56 PM   #6
greekthang
6th Gear Member

I have recently changed the rear trailing arm bushings and I replace my front A arm bushing with polyurathane a while ago. I think I will beef up my rear sub frame mounts with polyurathne and I am swap my diff next year so I don't have to worry about those. I am also swapping my sway bars so I don't have to worry about the end links. Just wondering whats left.

Please add to this list if there is anything guys:

- Polyurathne sub frame mounts
Old 12-29-2003, 07:01 PM   #7
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

autotechnica is also having a group buy on ground control rear shock mounts if u want.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 07:04 PM   #8
greekthang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
autotechnica is also having a group buy on ground control rear shock mounts if u want.
Awesome thanks pal. Do you have there website
Old 12-30-2003, 07:35 AM   #9
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
Bimmerworld.com is where i get all my poly bushings from
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 10:46 AM   #10
_dk_
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via AIM to _dk_ Send a message via Yahoo to _dk_
http://www.suspension.com/bmw2.html
_dk_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 04:58 PM   #11
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
Quote:
Originally posted by greekthang
I have recently changed the rear trailing arm bushings
When you changed these, did you put back in stock 328 bushings or 96+ M3 bushings?

I also know someone with ground control bushing spacers for sale ($110), they prevent camber changes and 'rear steering'.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 05:54 PM   #12
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
It may not be a good idea to upgrade all your rubber components to Urethane. I've heard from track junkies that some rubber bushings actually crack because of the cold weather.

The most popular occurrence is when people install inner Urethane offset control arm bushings. You see hairline cracks within a year.

You should buy M3 rear trailing arm bushings and the reinforcement kit from Ground Control which Nelson recommended. Also get the '95 offset M3 control arm bushings. They are made of rubber, but very strong and made to last. As for the shock mounts, get the GC urethane mounts. They work great. Any bushing exposed to rain water and or snow/salt, just use stock components unless it's going to be a pure track car. Urethane sway bar bushings are also nice.

Bry
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: