Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-29-2003, 12:28 PM   #76
ambasah
2nd Gear Member

all personal attacks aside, no new car out there is "exclusive", unless you want to spend well over $100k.

The only way to make your car unique is through aftermarket modding.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 12:44 PM   #77
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway

Send a message via MSN to tlaselva
Quote:
Originally posted by SickFinga
Actually Z06 is better on gas
Glad to see someone's actually know's what their talking about.

Quote:
[i]i drive my car a lot (which i DO) i'd much rather be driving a 3.2 six, then a monstrous 5.7L eight (correct?)
[/b]
And why would you rather be driving a 6?

Let's see.
- The Aluminum block of the LS6 actually is lighter than the Iron block of the S54.
- The LS6 returns better fuel economy. The Z06 isn't penalized with the Gas Guzzler tax unlike the E46 M3....
- Having enough torque to light up the rear in 2nd gear from idle, or enough torque to fishtail the car shifting into 3rd at over 100 kph?
- LS6's ability to, on average, be able to take more punishment?
- V8's ability to easily and economically be modified to insane HP levels, unlike the S54?

Now I'm not saying the S54 isn't a marvel of automotive engineering. The S54 has the LS6 licked in the tech dept. But in the end, 'There's no replacement for displacement.'

2010 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
LS7 427CI w/ECS Novi 2000 : Caravaggio Widebody and Full Leather & Alcantra Interior
903rwhp/815rwtq : 10.3@152mph

Last edited by tlaselva; 12-29-2003 at 12:52 PM.
tlaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 12:52 PM   #78
crusher
OMGHI2U2

Send a message via Skype™ to crusher
I agree that the e46 m3 is not that exclusive anymore when it first came out. And besides every single retired doctor.. etc. etc has one no offence to ppl who own e46 m3 here. Try sitting down a bus stop at woodbridge and count the e46 M3 that passes by!!

I have never drive or have ridden on a e46 M3 before even a e30 M3 but all I can say is that given a chance to ride one of this my perception/thinking will change for sure. Any volunteerss? heheh

I myself is a car nut/freak/extraordaire lol j/k Heheh

Jeff

Sold/Traded-in
2006 M5
2003 M3
2003 Civic Si
2000 M Coupe
1999 M3
1999 323i
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 01:27 PM   #79
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
It's not just E46 M3's that have lost it's exclusiveness... it's BMW's in general. BMW's used to be a rare commodity on the roads... now you see them on every street corner. It's not uncommon that I'm driving in a "pack" or 3 or 4 BMW's bumper to bumper...

People are making more money, these cars are becoming more affordable... BMW puts them out because, in the end... BMW is just another business, out to make a couple bucks. That's the truth right there.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 01:59 PM   #80
Alezone
Capitalism

Justin is right here. It's all business, if they care about rareness other than maximizing profit while still holding a certain level of prestige image, they'd just jack up the price and make all of them supercar (at least the price-wise) and REAL sport car.

Cars are comparatively CHEAP in Canada and US than a lot of other countries. especially the mid - high end automobile. (Benz, BMW, even Porsche and Ferrari)

this is OT - and I said we should've be friend with ricers if we dun care about the image of driving our cars... why do you call them ricers anyways? Because of the image that they give you. Why? because they're not driving BMW (plus the stupid mods that they did to their cars - in our perspective ofcourse)

PORSCHE 981
Alezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 03:42 PM   #81
Lil'Smoothie

Quote:
What pisses me the most is that 99% of E30 M3 owners think they own a real BMW, a real M and a real race car.
real BMW, yah last time I checked they are real BMW's
a real M, pretty sure that ///M badge came frfom the factory
a real race car, not quite but many reputable ppl say it is quite close. I've enver been in one or been to the track so I can't comment. I understand there are many better BMW's, neweer car are better, if they weren't ppl would be go back to the older models.

Im not asking BMW to limit production and keep the car exclusive
you don't have to tell me about how BMW is a business, and just want to make money. All I have learned for the last 4 months has been buiness at school, even did a 4 page case study on BMW and their advertising/marketing/selling.

When I am buying my first newcar, I PERSONALLY would like to buy something rare, different and fast. Those are MY priorities, I drive an E30 now because I have loved them since I was a kid living in the UK and my dad had a few. I understand that half of the cars on max are faster than mine. Regardless, the E30 m3 is a rare car, I enjoy that about it and you can't take that away from me.

TLaselva, thanks for clearing up alot of stuff with regards to the Z06
Old 12-29-2003, 09:05 PM   #82
SickFinga

Lil'Smoothie, what I meant is that E30 M3 owners think that other BMW is just a marketing scam.
Ever heard the saying:
E30 M3, the real M3
Please tell me what is that supposed to mean??

I do agree with you that E30 M3 is rare, and you have every right enjoying it. I also enjoy my e36m3, even though I understand there are better BMWs out there.
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 04:50 AM   #83
Trogdor
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ambasah
all personal attacks aside, no new car out there is "exclusive", unless you want to spend well over $100k.

The only way to make your car unique is through aftermarket modding.

good call. mind you lets hope more people make it unique in the right way
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 05:13 AM   #84
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by SickFinga
I was talking about 275hp
240hp, with OBD1 conversion, headers, intake, no cats, 2.5" from header back, chip, bored throttle body, ported and polished head, 3angle valve job?

oh, ya..sorry 245 hp

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: