Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Which Car Audio company should I go with?
Alpine 8 25.81%
Kenwood 11 35.48%
Pioneer 6 19.35%
Panasonic 0 0%
JVC 1 3.23%
SONY 2 6.45%
Clarion 1 3.23%
Sanyo (sony wannabe) 0 0%
General Electric (LOL) 0 0%
Kenmore (dishwasher?) 2 6.45%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2002, 08:36 PM   #31
Foc us
4th Gear Member

If you're looking at JBL and infinity for subs and amps I'd say they're alright but not a good choice. I'll go for Zapco, Phoenix Gold or MAYBE Alpine V12s, other than those maybe they're powerful but I'm talking about clean sound (even for bass) not cheezy brands. If you do some research, you'll see JBL and Infinity never get to win IASCA or major competitions but the brands I refer to was well known and well made.
E46, I'm not dissing your system, they might be good but I'm talking about the pure bred sound quality here and I think a lot of people here wants to enjoy their car's sound. Especially he's only talking about a 600 bucks limit on a head unit. Can Clarion make anything with 3 4 volt preout with sub control and can produce 50 x 4 mosfet power? I can tell you that I've seen a Pioneer head that could bridge it's rear channels and power a single 10" (even though it's not recommended). I'll NEVER go to Future Shop for car audio, even MTX is consider "dirty power" these days, and probably you're buying those items from Future Shop. Try go to Auto Sound Design and check out their inventory, you'll know the REAL difference.
Foc us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 08:45 PM   #32
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

i didnt go to futureshop dude..its not my car....ultra autosound, audio to go, and well...yea i did by the dynamat from futureshop!
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 08:53 PM   #33
Foc us
4th Gear Member

er....I can tell you this:

the only person who could went into the finals of ISACA in the country of Canada happens to work in Auto Sound Design and his name is Tom, look for his trophy and check your informations.
Old 06-12-2002, 09:49 PM   #34
SickFinga

When choosing a system you also should consider what kind of music you like.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 10:13 PM   #35
'88 325e
5th Gear Member

Guys,

I have a friend that is a certified car audio installer. I could hook you guys up with him to do some "under the table" custom work. If you are interested let me know and I can talk to him. Just one thing. He lives in Brantford.

L8R,
Dave

*EDIT*

He is an IASCA judge. And he has taken the Alpine courses. I'll be honest with ya. He is the ONLY one that will ever touch my car for car audio. He is upfront and honest. No BSin'!

Randy(empowerd), Kevin(straight_6), and I (Dave aka:'88 325e) started up Bimmercruize '01. Bimmercruize '02 is on Sunday August 11th! So if you need details about the show please contact us!
L8R,
Dave

Last edited by '88 325e; 06-12-2002 at 10:34 PM.
'88 325e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 10:28 PM   #36
Foc us
4th Gear Member

Well, if he's only getting the head installed then even I can do it, since mine and MTRD's head was installed my me and it's not that hard. But if you guys are thinking of doing a custom floor or fiber glass kicks then that will be something must be done by other people but if you're thinking of getting the nicest custom job then you have to go for the top guys. Since not everyone can get a trophy from IASCA, depends on budget and how nice you want it to be. Plus not every company can install the Alpine F1 status so that's why I suggested Auto Sound.
Old 06-18-2002, 01:46 AM   #37
Slowered318
Stuck in the 90's

I have a barely used Eclipse CD5441 deck I would sell you for $600 .. it's $950 new! every feature you will ever need 5 volt pre-outs, motorized faceplate, sub out, lots of power to run your mids and 20bit d-a convertors.. it's a 1st class deck the sound is amazing but i want a dvd deck that's the olny reason i'm selling

Ryan
Slowered318 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: