Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Group Buys/Specials/What's New?
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-07-2003, 07:15 PM   #1
KHYmotor
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to KHYmotor Send a message via AIM to KHYmotor
Osram Silverstar +50% H1/H4/H7 Headlight Bulbs

Real Osram Bulbs , made in Germany. Euro only item.

Osram Silver Star H1/H4/H7

50% more light on the road and the winner of the Auto Express 2003 Autobulb Test!

Produced by one of the world's leading automotive lighting manufacturers, Osram Silverstar meets and exceeds the quality and performance you'd expect. Awarded the Auto Express 'Best Buy' award, it really is one of the best bulbs you can install in your vehicle. Here are just a few of the benefits:

*Giving up to 50% More Light on the road
*Objects and situations can be seen clearly at a distance of 75 metres
*Service life comparable to that of standard H4 and H7 lamps.
Up to 50% more light on the road!

And don't just take our word for it. Here's what Auto Express, the UK's leading car publication, said about the bulbs.

"The flagship bulb in Osram's range, the Silverstar's 75m figure was only a fraction better than that of arch-rival Philips (right), but it performed significantly better at 50m. Add a price advantage, and the Osram's plus 50 per cent competitor is our Best Buy." - 5 star award.

Q: What is the difference between the Sylvania Silverstar and the Osram Silverstar?

A: Osram Sylvania is one and the same company, within the US they use both Osram and Sylvania, outside the US its Osram. The Osram Silverstar is a clear bulb with Xenon gas boost to increase brightness up to 50%, color is similar to standard halogen though it is slightly whiter. The Sylvania Silverstar is the same bulb but with an amethyst blue coating with 30% more light than standard halogen and 4000K light color which is comparable to Xenon/High Intensity Discharge Light Systems as seen on high end cars from Acura, Audi, BMW, Cadillac, Lexus, Mercedes Benz, Porsche to name a few.

All these bulbs are stock wattage so it will not have any effect on wiring.

Prices:
$29.95 (per pair H1 or H4) shipped to U.S 48 states.
$31.95 (per pair H1 or H4) shipped to Canada
$34.95 (per pair H7) shipped to U.S 48 states.
$36.95 (per pair H7) shipped to Canada
Attached Images
File Type: jpg silverstarh1.jpg (8.5 KB, 944 views)
Old 12-07-2003, 11:30 PM   #2
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

are these the same as the sylvania ones?

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 12:29 AM   #3
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Re: Osram Silverstar +50% H1/H4/H7 Headlight Bulbs

Quote:
Originally posted by KHYmotor
Q: What is the difference between the Sylvania Silverstar and the Osram Silverstar?

A: Osram Sylvania is one and the same company, within the US they use both Osram and Sylvania, outside the US its Osram. The Osram Silverstar is a clear bulb with Xenon gas boost to increase brightness up to 50%, color is similar to standard halogen though it is slightly whiter. The Sylvania Silverstar is the same bulb but with an amethyst blue coating with 30% more light than standard halogen and 4000K light color which is comparable to Xenon/High Intensity Discharge Light Systems as seen on high end cars from Acura, Audi, BMW, Cadillac, Lexus, Mercedes Benz, Porsche to name a few.
They are totally different in performance Jon. The Osram's are the best bulbs available right now, period. And that price is REALLY good.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 01:50 AM   #4
KHYmotor
1st Gear Newbie

Re: Re: Osram Silverstar +50% H1/H4/H7 Headlight Bulbs

Quote:
Originally posted by Mystikal
They are totally different in performance Jon. The Osram's are the best bulbs available right now, period. And that price is REALLY good.
thanx. they really are one of the best bulbs. . and you can't buy them in your local shop.
Sepecial introductory prices. (valid till 1/1/04).
we don't require any groupbuy to get these prices!
so who's interested?
Old 12-18-2003, 12:55 PM   #5
koncise
all you need is one mike

Send a message via MSN to koncise
Would these bulbs fit in my car? This H1/H4/H7 stuff confuses me... all i know is my low beams are 9006 and highs are 9005.

Also, You say these wont effect my wiring... I went through 2 pairs of those cheaper xenon's already cause they burned my wiring harnes... If these burned my wiring harness, could I get my money back?

thanks
Old 12-18-2003, 02:04 PM   #6
KHYmotor
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by koncise
Would these bulbs fit in my car? This H1/H4/H7 stuff confuses me... all i know is my low beams are 9006 and highs are 9005.

Also, You say these wont effect my wiring... I went through 2 pairs of those cheaper xenon's already cause they burned my wiring harnes... If these burned my wiring harness, could I get my money back?

thanks
You will need euro ellipsoids (ZKW, Bosch, Inpro, Depo...) to use H1 or H7 bulbs. your stock U.S spec headlights uses 9005 and 9006.
Old 12-18-2003, 02:17 PM   #7
koncise
all you need is one mike

Send a message via MSN to koncise
oh, too bad.

but just out of curiousity, do u think the Sylvania Silverstar bulbs would be safe to use in my car? (meaning they wont burn the wiring harness)
Old 12-19-2003, 04:33 AM   #8
KHYmotor
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by koncise
oh, too bad.

but just out of curiousity, do u think the Sylvania Silverstar bulbs would be safe to use in my car? (meaning they wont burn the wiring harness)
I believe they are stock wattage too. so it won't be any different than your stock bulbs in term of safety for your harness. check before you buy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: