Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-09-2002, 06:25 PM   #1
MP328
Krv Svoju Za Bosnu Moju

Send a message via MSN to MP328
i got my car sharked!!

well it took all together less then 30 minutes. 10 to wait till the car cooles down and maybe 5-10 min to install/download the shark injector.

it's pretty easy just turn everything electrical off. and turn ignition on push one button and that's it. turn ignition off and back on after few minutes and your done.

but after i started driving there is no difference at all the only thing i did notice is the raised rev limiter in 1st gear i went well over 6500 rpm and still didn't feel the rev limiter. still gotta see if the top speed limiter is gonna.

Is it worth it. I'd say NO : but for me it's too late to return it. i guess i'll see on the dyno what the difference is to a stock 328 motor.

here is one pic. they all the same so i'll just post one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shark_0003.jpg (52.5 KB, 159 views)
MP328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 11:08 PM   #2
KIRASIR
Your Nightmare

Wait for about a week. It should get better.

SL

KIRASIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 04:55 PM   #3
notjoe
600rwhp here i come

Send a message via ICQ to notjoe
Re: i got my car sharked!!

Quote:
Originally posted by MP328
well it took all together less then 30 minutes. 10 to wait till the car cooles down and maybe 5-10 min to install/download the shark injector.

it's pretty easy just turn everything electrical off. and turn ignition on push one button and that's it. turn ignition off and back on after few minutes and your done.

but after i started driving there is no difference at all the only thing i did notice is the raised rev limiter in 1st gear i went well over 6500 rpm and still didn't feel the rev limiter. still gotta see if the top speed limiter is gonna.

Is it worth it. I'd say NO : but for me it's too late to return it. i guess i'll see on the dyno what the difference is to a stock 328 motor.

here is one pic. they all the same so i'll just post one.
When i got my car done, with the Dinan Software (not sure what you're using) i was told to drive the car hard so that everything could asjust to the new potentional of the car.

Did you have to get your tranny's software upgraded as well? you might need to do that to get the best results from your new upgrade!
notjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 06:32 PM   #4
MP328
Krv Svoju Za Bosnu Moju

Send a message via MSN to MP328
Re: Re: i got my car sharked!!

Quote:
Originally posted by notjoe

When i got my car done, with the Dinan Software (not sure what you're using) i was told to drive the car hard so that everything could asjust to the new potentional of the car.

Did you have to get your tranny's software upgraded as well? you might need to do that to get the best results from your new upgrade!
for our cars E36 1996+ there are only two choices (i think) because it's the OBD II. either the Shark Injector that i got or the Dinan software download what you got. but the shark and the dinan are both around 10-15 hp not more. which is almost nothing. check this link Shark Injector

the other thing mine is a 5 speed not auto, i don't think there is a tranny software for a manual.

like i said i hope to see a difference once we go to the dyno.

notjoe are you going there as well?

we can see what our cars are different from a stock 328. and how much did the dinan software download cost you. the shark injector was after everything around 700-800
MP328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 07:39 PM   #5
notjoe
600rwhp here i come

Send a message via ICQ to notjoe
Re: Re: Re: i got my car sharked!!

Quote:
Originally posted by MP328

for our cars E36 1996+ there are only two choices (i think) because it's the OBD II. either the Shark Injector that i got or the Dinan software download what you got. but the shark and the dinan are both around 10-15 hp not more. which is almost nothing. check this link Shark Injector

the other thing mine is a 5 speed not auto, i don't think there is a tranny software for a manual.

like i said i hope to see a difference once we go to the dyno.

notjoe are you going there as well?

we can see what our cars are different from a stock 328. and how much did the dinan software download cost you. the shark injector was after everything around 700-800

The Dinan software ran me 850 (inc. tax) but i noticed much of a difference once the thing got done. No where near the 20hp that someone claimed. Im hoping that once i get the Dinan High Flow throttle body and Stage 3 software things will be much nicer (or closer to what i am looking for).

As for the Dyno, i would love to go but i have heard it is all full.. i will probably come just to check out all the other bimmers getting done

Joe
notjoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: