Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Looking for
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-28-2002, 01:14 PM   #1
mogie
Woodbumbling at Mazda

Send a message via ICQ to mogie Send a message via MSN to mogie
E36 rear shock mounts

Anyone know where to get rear upper strut mounts like these?
For a 1995 E36 325i?
Mine are shot and I need to do this ASAP.

Thanks, Jerry

I've sent a request to Dave at Motronix, as he has this particular version. I am curious to see if there are any other types availble locally.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alummounts.jpg (6.7 KB, 140 views)
Old 05-28-2002, 09:31 PM   #2
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
Hey Jerry,

I gave a set to Charlie just before his car got stolen, I paid $170Cdn for the set. Ground Control rear aluminum shock mounts w/ urethane bushings. Let me know if you want it, I'll get them for you.

Bryan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00325.jpg (60.3 KB, 129 views)
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 09:33 PM   #3
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00315.jpg (61.0 KB, 127 views)
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Old 05-29-2002, 01:29 PM   #4
mogie
Woodbumbling at Mazda

Send a message via ICQ to mogie Send a message via MSN to mogie
Thanks Bryan, I'll let you know- can you get these things really quick? They look different from the ones Motronix has see the lock washer mech on the top

I have to replace my rear shocks which I have ordered from Charlie so as soon as I get them - I have to have a set on hand to replace.

Geez any luck on finding a replacement car yet?
Old 05-30-2002, 08:59 AM   #5
bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by MTRD
I gave a set to Charlie just before his car got stolen...

What a waste, eh Bryan?

BIMMERSPORTAUTOMOTIVE
Specializing in BMW parts and service
905-670-9200

www.bimmersport.ca
bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 10:57 AM   #6
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Originally posted by mogie
Thanks Bryan, I'll let you know- can you get these things really quick? They look different from the ones Motronix has see the lock washer mech on the top

I have to replace my rear shocks which I have ordered from Charlie so as soon as I get them - I have to have a set on hand to replace.

Geez any luck on finding a replacement car yet?
I'm looking at either an early model 92-93 325 w/ around 170,000 + km or a later model 94+ 318 w/ lower milage. I'm not too sure which to get. I just need some opinions on the early model non VANOS 325's. I don't know too many people with them yet I see lots of them on sale in the auto trader. Are there problems with that car which I should be aware of? performance, repair, maintenece? Thanks

Also, the rear shock mounts will take 2 weeks min. since they must be shipped from the US. Joe or Syd can't hook you up can they? Anyways, I'm not sure what the difference between the TMS and GC ones are, but I've heard more people use the GC ones for track. They also have 2 stiffness settings, track or street.

Bryan

Bryan

Last edited by Autotechnica; 05-30-2002 at 10:59 AM.
Old 05-30-2002, 11:00 AM   #7
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Originally posted by bimmersport

What a waste, eh Bryan?
I know eh? Maybe insurance will cover everything you lost hopefully if you don't find your car. Do you need receipts for all the items you lost?

Bryan

Old 05-30-2002, 11:22 AM   #8
KIRASIR
Your Nightmare

1) I would really advise to stay away from the 91-93 non-vanos 325's. Some people may disagree with me but those cars in general are packed with little problems and glitches. As an example, there is a guy at my work who bought a 92' 325 with 170clicks for 10grand. He put around 5 grand in it during the 2 months he owned it. He had idling problems, transmission problems, paint problems, and all sorts of electrical glitches. At the end, he ended up trading it in for a newer 95' 325 with lower milage. He lost a lot of money in the end but at least he doesn't spend anymore money to fix his car.

Also don't forget that at 170+ km a lot of stuff is either gone or going. Shocks/springs, bushings, ball joints, seats, all sorts of sensors etc.

2) I am biased toward ti's but as I've said before, look into one, and more importantly test drive it. They handle quite differently than any of the other e36, and you might be for a surprise. I can give you a ride in mine next week if you want. *devil*

Serge

[quote]Originally posted by MTRD

I'm looking at either an early model 92-93 325 w/ around 170,000 + km or a later model 94+ 318 w/ lower milage. I'm not too sure which to get. I just need some opinions on the early model non VANOS 325's. I don't know too many people with them yet I see lots of them on sale in the auto trader. Are there problems with that car which I should be aware of? performance, repair, maintenece? Thanks

Also, the rear shock mounts will take 2 weeks min. since they must be shipped from the US. Joe or Syd can't hook you up can they? Anyways, I'm not sure what the difference between the TMS and GC ones are, but I've heard more people use the GC ones for track. They also have 2 stiffness settings, track or street.

Bryan

Bryan
[/QUOTE

Last edited by KIRASIR; 05-30-2002 at 11:24 AM.
KIRASIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 11:26 AM   #9
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

[quote]Originally posted by KIRASIR
1) I would really advise to stay away from the 91-93 non-vanos 325's. Some people may disagree with me but those cars in general are packed with little problems and glitches. As an example, there is a guy at my work who bought a 92' 325 with 170clicks for 10grand. He put around 5 grand in it during the 2 months he owned it. He had idling problems, transmission problems, paint problems, and all sorts of electrical glitches. At the end, he ended up trading it in for a newer 95' 325 with lower milage. He lost a lot of money in the end but at least he doesn't spend anymore money to fix his car.

Also don't forget that at 170+ km a lot of stuff is either gone or going. Shocks/springs, bushings, ball joints, seats, all sorts of sensors etc.

2) I am biased toward ti's but as I've said before, look into one, and more importantly test drive it. They handle quite differently than any of the other e36, and you might be for a surprise. I can give you a ride in mine next week if you want. *devil*

Serge

Quote:

Bryan

Bryan
[/QUOTE
Thanks! only problem is ti's didn't come out until much later so they are over my budget. I have about $12K to spend on another car. Its either a 92-93 325 or a 94-95 318

Bryan

Old 05-30-2002, 11:28 AM   #10
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Does the stock M3 bumper fit on ti's? Also, which turn signal lenses does it use? 4 door or 2 door?

Thanks,

Bryan

Old 05-30-2002, 12:26 PM   #11
KIRASIR
Your Nightmare

The front is identical to the 4dr e36 all the way up to the A-pillar. So anything from a 4dr will fit a ti. The bumper is a direct fit.

I've seen a number of 95 ti's for about 12-13k on Autotrader with a decent milage. If I were you I would test drive one. They feel much different than all the other e36's.

Serge

Quote:
Does the stock M3 bumper fit on ti's? Also, which turn signal lenses does it use? 4 door or 2 door?

Thanks,

Bryan

Old 05-31-2002, 11:06 AM   #12
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Originally posted by KIRASIR
The front is identical to the 4dr e36 all the way up to the A-pillar. So anything from a 4dr will fit a ti. The bumper is a direct fit.

I've seen a number of 95 ti's for about 12-13k on Autotrader with a decent milage. If I were you I would test drive one. They feel much different than all the other e36's.

Serge

Any known problems with the "ti"? My budget is really $12,000 max so if its anymore than that I can't afford it.

Bryan

Old 05-31-2002, 12:16 PM   #13
KIRASIR
Your Nightmare

ti's are really just like any other bimmer. As long as they are taken care of, they will keep on going and going. I really can't think of any problems off the top of my head. Also don't forget that they were produced from 95 and on, so a lot of glitches that present in the earlier e36's are gone from ti's.

Oh yeah, and I am pretty sure that ti's don't suffer from the rear subframe failure.

Serge

Quote:

Any known problems with the "ti"? My budget is really $12,000 max so if its anymore than that I can't afford it.

Bryan

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: