Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-24-2003, 11:46 PM   #1
snd84318i
3rd Gear Member

loud injectors

hi this is my first post i just brought home my bmw its a 1984 318i pics will come soon its all stock except for ugly rims but tires look fairly new . the owner had it in his garage for about 2 years , before he put it away he says he had a new clutch put in and always took it to the dealer for oem parts . the car runs good interior seats are shot though . my windows and sun roof are manuel . i think its cool . anyway I have a few questions for you guys if you can please help.

1: when im driving I here the injectors running, there loud . sence the car has been sitting for a while. i figure that there alittle dirty
so i bought redline fuel system cleaner . will it quiet down or are they aways loud ,do they need to be change ?
2: I also replaced the fuel pump. theres about 4 total seperate metal filter like things are they all needed or were they added . theres 2 under the car 1 before and 1 after the fuel pump and 2 in the enginebay 1 big 1 and 1 small 1 . i bought the fuel pump and the big fuel filter . can i do away with the small filter .
3: sence i have manuel windows i was wondering can i convert the back popout windows to power ones, if so how.
4: the gauge panel is not working the gas needle does sometimes . how big is the gas tank how many gallons . the tank was empty i put in about 10 and the needle is marking half .i dont know if its the gauge or that its really what i have in the tank. thanks guys for what ever you can help me with .

Last edited by snd84318i; 10-25-2003 at 12:01 AM.
snd84318i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 06:53 PM   #2
snd84318i
3rd Gear Member

aslo guys sence i replaced the fuel pump my gas is leaking from around there im looking to see were from but have not found it yet i've bought new clamps for the hoses and still . when im parked and the car is running it doesnt seem to leak but i go around the block and come back theres a drip . i can only think that the presure of the gas at driving speed is to much fir the clams . i see that at the entering point of the gas to the pump there a different kind of clamp then what i put on . but besides that all the fittings are tight and the gas rubber lines are all new any help thanks
Old 11-02-2003, 03:05 PM   #3
snd84318i
3rd Gear Member

bump

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: