Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-10-2003, 07:29 PM   #16
diegom6
2nd Gear Member

yeah, stay away from mega squirt, it's difficult setup and install, and only controlls the fuel , my SMT6 is costing me shipped at my door like 250$
Old 10-11-2003, 02:14 AM   #17
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
replace the rubber intake boot as soon as you can. I've already blown a huge hole in my stock one running at 5psi. I replaced it with another one for now which isn't 9 years old, and it seems to be holding up so far, but it's definately coming out and being replaced with a metal one as soon as I finish making one.
-I have a feeling it's probably expanding when I am at WOT which could be aggecting my performance.

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 03:54 PM   #18
miafori
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to miafori
diegom: any website about SMT6?

djcontra: have you blown your 9 years old boot? I see, the older one has weak points, also I already replaced it and this is brand new, so no weak points, it can handle 5-8 psi, am I right?
Old 10-13-2003, 11:48 AM   #19
InlineSix
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via AIM to InlineSix
Its good to see few superchargers on M20s and would love to see the results!

If you're going to be using kompressors one of from Benz, find out what boost they are running, Im sure they are running more than 8PSI which is no good for you for now, that means, you have to get bigger pully to run less boost, which can be hard to find since only ones you can find aftermarket is smaller.

About AFM, you can place it after the blower, but as I have heard, they tend to go bad after some time. If you will be running interooler, than dont worry about hot air going through the AFM because thats what intercooler is for, to cool the air down, which means, AFM will be getting cool air through it.
My English Is Bad.
InlineSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 02:55 PM   #20
diegom6
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by djcontra
replace the rubber intake boot as soon as you can. I've already blown a huge hole in my stock one running at 5psi. I replaced it with another one for now which isn't 9 years old, and it seems to be holding up so far, but it's definately coming out and being replaced with a metal one as soon as I finish making one.
-I have a feeling it's probably expanding when I am at WOT which could be aggecting my performance.
yeah look for "gstuning" it's amember of www.r3vlimited.com e30 forum...Gunni to be exactly, he sells the units ...contact him..
Old 10-14-2003, 08:18 PM   #21
miafori
2nd Gear Member

Inlinesix: I have a kompressor from Euro spec '00 E200K, and I have 2.5 engine, try to stroke it 2.7 I couldn't found how much boost they use, also this boost result is not enough for me. pulley diameters, compression ratio, engine displacement, number of cylinders are all different. I should use trial-error method. I don't worry about high boost, decreasing it easy but using this kompressor in 2.7 engine instead of 2.0 engine may cause lower boost like 3-4 psi, my doubt is this.

I will search M50 MAF instead of M20 AFM...
Old 10-16-2003, 11:07 PM   #22
miafori
2nd Gear Member

I found this photo and it looks best. I will try this.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:43 AM   #23
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
Yep. MAF before S/C...just like AA, Dinan, ESS, mine, etc

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 01:18 PM   #24
diegom6
2nd Gear Member

I talk with a guy who's has some exoperience turbocharging ours m20s, he told is best to put the MAF after the sc/turbo, since it's more accurate, the ecu will read the true mass air that is incoming to the enigne, if you put before is not too accurate since is not compressed and is not what the engine is braething....just my 0.2 cents...
also I have the AFM after and works great, once I get the SMT6(soon) I will replace the AFM or make a swapp with the MAF and I will put it after, since he recomended me to dot that too..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: