Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-17-2003, 10:17 PM   #16
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by zeljo
Yees yes yes
you want to come here and take a look for your self?
I'm not calling you a LIAR!
i'm SURE that your engine is blown without a doubt, however, it is NOT a common thing among E36's for an engine to blow after that many kms!!
Thats what i was saying, sorry for the confusion!
Old 09-17-2003, 10:32 PM   #17
ncmedia
2nd Gear Member

Don't worry, be bimmer happy!

Quote:
Originally posted by aschon
sorry to ruin your thread.. but this really concerns me!! can somebody please verify that this isn't common and he had a rare lemon heh
I Really wouldn't worry. I have a 92 e36 w/160km and she runs mint. I met a guy a few days ago with the same ride/same year, and he was 390 000km!! As we were leaving he opened up a lil' bit and the car flew.... As much as 'newer is better', I don't think Km should be a concern for you until you get to 300+ km... If you're looking at a 96' you'd probably pay out your ass compared to a 92- most 96 cars are already at or past 150km. If you can find a stock 'granny' driven car that would be ideal, and start the mods yourself. don't look at km, look at overall condition both under the hood, exterior and interior. I picked up my bimmer for about 13k, and have dumped in about another 7-10k in mod's/toys... If you haven't already - http://www.autotrader.ca

Best of luck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg whitebimmer3.jpg (62.9 KB, 48 views)

ncmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 12:46 AM   #18
vertakul
6th Gear Member

what about the subframe problems in 92-93.. you never had a problem with those? i'd like to compliment you on your car ncmedia.. looks ****in excellent
vertakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 12:53 AM   #19
ncmedia
2nd Gear Member

Aschon,

Thx for the compliment! Not sure what you mean by the 'subframe' problems?? But since I have not heard of this, that's a good thing! I know a few ppl with similar models, haven't had compaints from any of them. If you'd like to elaborate on the problem, go ahead but I'm thinking that's no concern...If you're worried about problems with the car just ask for a detailed history on the maintainance, or take it to a good shop to have a peak at everything... Are you set on a certain model/class? If so, and if you have chosen the E36, wise! Now it's a matter of what year, what model/kit/etc... Peace. Let me know how you make out.

Norb.

Old 09-18-2003, 12:54 AM   #20
vertakul
6th Gear Member

Norb, do you have msn? I'd enjoy discussing this with you considerin I love what you've done to your car
vertakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 01:00 AM   #21
ncmedia
2nd Gear Member

Sure man. my msn handle is nczufis@hotmail.com - feel free to add me and we can chat.

best,

NC.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: