Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-12-2003, 06:38 PM   #1
Pawel_11_11
2nd Gear Member

Blown Engine Need Help!! plz!

Hey guys I got a 93 318I and I just blew the motor in it. I'm lookin everywhere for any kind of motor but with not luck. Do any of you guys know a place where I could pick one up...not necessarily another 318I just something that I could swap into the body.
My other concern is that I got a 98 328is motor lined up but I've been told it'll be a b*tch to put in. Does anyone know some tips or a schematic on how I could do this or some potential problems to look out for?!
Anything that your guys can tell me will be very helpful!
THANKS!
Pawel_11_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 09:50 PM   #2
Manimillion
Photographer

Here you go....

B and D Auto Recycling, Phone :1-877-655-0755, They should have an engine off a 1993 318i with 130K km's which runs... The stock number for the engine is AB0140, and they are asking $2000 for it...

Standard Auto Wreckers, Phone : 1-416-286-8686 , Engine off a 1995 318i, Stock Number : AW018, and they are asking $1000

Le Cavalier, Phone : 1-888-444-3344, Engine off a 1994 318i, Stock Number : S31391, they are asking $660 Canadian... They are located at Ste-Sophie QUebec...

I hope this helps...
Old 05-12-2003, 09:54 PM   #3
Soldo
6th Gear Member

If you were to do a engine conversion froma 4 to a 6 cyl. i'm pretty sure it WOULD be a bitch cause theres a LOTTA things you have to change!
for example, you need to get suspension to handle the different weight due to the engine, and i believe that you need to change the tranny, and all that as well!
and since a 328 is an OBD II it would be a pricey project as well since you would have to make it OBD I!
Old 05-12-2003, 10:39 PM   #4
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
You can get another 318 engine from Bavarian Engine exchange for $2000US.

Anyways, the 328 motor swap would involve way too much money. Nothing swaps into the 318 motor just like that. You have to change all the mounting points to mount the 328 engine.

Computer, suspension, tranny, exhaust, etc. After the price of that you might as well just sell your car.

May I ask how you managed to blow your engine? I don't understand how things like this happen.

Bry
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 10:48 PM   #5
Dave 325i
4th Gear Member

I've never heard a single good thing about Bavarian Engine Exchange.

No personal experience with them though.
Old 05-12-2003, 10:51 PM   #6
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave 325i
I've never heard a single good thing about Bavarian Engine Exchange.

No personal experience with them though.
What did you hear about them? I was thinking of purchasing some stuff from them in the near future.

Bry
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Old 05-13-2003, 01:17 AM   #7
Rolled_Out
Just chillin...

i blew my motor on my 318 junkbox too...
i don't know what the hell i did, but i gunend it on the 407 on ramp, then i heard all metal clanking in the engine...
i pulled over, turned off my car, then restarted it, it sounded like i poured3 or 4 metal balls into my engine!..

it ended up being some stupid metal thing that broke off and ended up inside the engine... blah on 318's
Old 05-13-2003, 01:42 AM   #8
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Originally posted by Rolled_Out
i blew my motor on my 318 junkbox too...
i don't know what the hell i did, but i gunend it on the 407 on ramp, then i heard all metal clanking in the engine...
i pulled over, turned off my car, then restarted it, it sounded like i poured3 or 4 metal balls into my engine!..

it ended up being some stupid metal thing that broke off and ended up inside the engine... blah on 318's
So I guess your RSX is a crappy car too right? No offense, but ever thought it might have something to do with the way you drive?

Bry

Last edited by Autotechnica; 05-13-2003 at 02:03 AM.
Old 05-13-2003, 03:03 PM   #9
Pawel_11_11
2nd Gear Member

Actually I was just pulling out of n underground garage and while I was in neutral it stalled. I tried to restart and it just wouldn't go. BMW in london told me I blew it but I think they r trying to f*ck me over cause they wouldn't tell me exactally what the prob was just that it was blown and that it was caused by the timing chain breaking. I'm not gettin it fixed through them but I'm trying to figure someting out to get ma car back on the road!
Pawel_11_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 05:03 PM   #10
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Originally posted by Pawel_11_11
Actually I was just pulling out of n underground garage and while I was in neutral it stalled. I tried to restart and it just wouldn't go. BMW in london told me I blew it but I think they r trying to f*ck me over cause they wouldn't tell me exactally what the prob was just that it was blown and that it was caused by the timing chain breaking. I'm not gettin it fixed through them but I'm trying to figure someting out to get ma car back on the road!
Well if you look around, you can find another 318 engine relatively cheap. I wouldn't say that these engine's are unreliable because I hardly ever hear of any cases when the engine blows. I rev my engine pretty hard and redline it at times and it holds up just fine, after 220,000km the compression is still great, no leak or burning oil.

My friend had 318 engine's for sale for under $1000 used. I'll keep my eye out for you if your willing to have it shipped from here. You can also talk to "Bimmersport" on this forum as he does lots of M42 engine rebuilds.

Bry

Old 09-10-2003, 08:36 PM   #11
Adriano
Who's your daddy now?

Send a message via MSN to Adriano
If your still interested, I have a 96 318 engine (1.9L) with only 65,000km on it. It has everything on it and I am willing to sell it cheap. Please email me if you are interested alo@mnsi.net. You could use your OBD1 system for increased power.

Agent BMW trailer
Adriano is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: