Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-07-2003, 02:48 AM   #1
JHowell
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to JHowell Send a message via AIM to JHowell Send a message via Yahoo to JHowell
Question for Bliss

Want to start off by saying I LOVE your ride. I give you much credit.
I have a 2000 323ci and of course you already know that there is not much horsepower for these guys. It's almost out of waranty now so I want to do something to get more power out of this. I mean 170HP is just not cutting it anymore. What do you suggest? If there are any other 323ci owners out there, what did you guys do??

Thanks in advance,

~Jay
Old 09-07-2003, 03:25 AM   #2
Mr seville
6th Gear Member

put some type r stickers on i'm told those add in and around 50 hp each but seriously just start with the minor mods first. headers chip exhaust intake ect
Mr seville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 12:36 PM   #3
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
Re: Question for Bliss

Quote:
Originally posted by JHowell

~Jay
There are a lot of options you can go for but it depends on how far and how much you want to spend. As I recall there is a supercharger kit for the e46 323, but I can't remember from which company as of now. You could also do an engine swap to the 330 or even the e36 m3 (although that may seem like a downgrade to some owners).

This is just one route you can look into but could be a bit costly depending on your budget.
Old 09-07-2003, 01:27 PM   #4
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
There's also another route a lot of e46 owners seem to be forgetting about it seems. The E46 is a very heavy bimmer compared to other 3 series before it. You could focus on lightening up the car so that your 170hp will push the car a lot easier, and thus giving you the impression of more power.
It's probably a lot cheaper to lighten the car than to upgrade the power as well, but sometimes lightening can come at the cost of asthetics

You could always get a professional to install a 50 shot wet nitrous system. The nice thing about nitrous, is it's relatively inexpensive, and it'll give you quite a thrill for your money. I've known a few people who wanted to go forced induction, but after trying out nitrous, they felt they couldn't handle having so much horsepower all the time; the new found speed and power scared them a bit

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 03:07 PM   #5
JHowell
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to JHowell Send a message via AIM to JHowell Send a message via Yahoo to JHowell
Thx for the replies guys. I'll start out witht he stickers first and see if that does anything, lol. No really, I got my work cut out for me. I also want to change my exhaust but I want something subtle, I don't want real loud so I am mistaken for an 18 yr old kid with a civic I like the way Remus sounds but I also heard not to go with Remus. Any suggestions??

~Jay
Old 09-07-2003, 03:18 PM   #6
Bliss
Administrator

Thanks for compliments Jay. Well i had my AA exhaust on for a while, but the truth of the matter is that i didn't feel any difference with that. Just sounds really nice and subtle imo. What made my HP increase was my carbonio CAI. The quality is better than Dinan(mirror finish). I was really surprised at the increase in HP. I would reccomend this intake to anyone.

I will post some pics and a review later on.

Good luck.

For maXbimmer decals, please email info@maxbimmer.com
Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 03:27 PM   #7
JHowell
1st Gear Newbie

Thx Bliss. I jsut looked into the Carbanio and they don't make it yet for the e46, or any BMW yet for that matter (according to their site) . What did you use? Did you get one for the VW and modify it in any way?? A CAI was on my list to do and if you recommend it, I'll look into it. What's the price on them?
Old 09-07-2003, 08:12 PM   #8
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

get a blower that should increase the HP a lot...should run u about 7g installed or less..

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 08:23 PM   #9
///Milk
BangSentra

Send a message via ICQ to ///Milk Send a message via AIM to ///Milk Send a message via MSN to ///Milk Send a message via Yahoo to ///Milk Send a message via Skype™ to ///Milk
o ya...Bliss, how much was the CAI and how much power increase u get?

///Milk

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S
2009 Ford Focus SES Sedan
///Milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 09:02 PM   #10
SickFinga

Re: Re: Question for Bliss

Quote:
Originally posted by 328DTM
or even the e36 m3 (although that may seem like a downgrade to some owners).

This is just one route you can look into but could be a bit costly depending on your budget.

They are idiots then
Pretty cheap engine and aftermerket for it a HUGE.
Just look at Bertha. E39 5 series with e36 m3 engine pushing 600hp.
I don't think there are any other bmw engines that can take that with everyday driving.
well maybe except M5 engine
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 10:57 PM   #11
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
Re: Re: Re: Question for Bliss

Quote:
Originally posted by SickFinga
They are idiots then
Pretty cheap engine and aftermerket for it a HUGE.
Just look at Bertha. E39 5 series with e36 m3 engine pushing 600hp.
I don't think there are any other bmw engines that can take that with everyday driving.
well maybe except M5 engine
And now to add to this you could always try to drop in the E39 540i engine or even the E39 M5 engine. It's been done on the E46 M3, i.e. dropped in E39 M5 engine.
Old 09-09-2003, 02:23 PM   #12
Nuvolari
2nd Gear Member

Carbonio has updated their site and added all the BMW applications:

www.carbonio.net

Pricing and pictures are there and they have E36 and E46 systems
Nuvolari is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: