Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-23-2003, 04:30 AM   #1
sUpeD Up BiMmEr
3rd Gear Member

Unhappy MY 330 ci

i was just wondering wat would be the best way to race with my car the engine is stock and i turn off traction control which makes a huge difference in my launch but i still am not satisfied

please dont post any stupid comments about i cant drive unless your a shumacher

i find when i launch with traction off then turn it on after 1st gear i get better times

is this bad

wat should i rev to when i lauch

please help
sUpeD Up BiMmEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 04:37 AM   #2
Soldo
6th Gear Member

IMO, just FUK the Traction, can't help much, i mean when it cuts power to the engine it does it worse then your foot would do!
Old 08-23-2003, 04:41 AM   #3
sUpeD Up BiMmEr
3rd Gear Member

you think but i am satisfied with it after first just after launch i feel a slight pause kinda

could this be some restriction or a limited slip am i revving to high or to low to launch
Pirelli tires w/ ,18inch custom model 71 bmw rims,ACS pedal set inc dead footrest ,ACS shifter and Short shifter kit ,ACS E brake,ACS front badge, Bilstein pss 9 coilover kit , Kamei eyelids, Tint, Viper Pager Alarm , Custom intake, Red Calipers, shaved trunk and door keyholes,oem clears all around, piaa bulbs all around and interior.
Old 08-23-2003, 04:43 AM   #4
M3ti Compact
Fuel Efficient 318 Member

The first thing an real automotive enthusiast does before putting it in gear, is pressing the traction control off button.
Old 08-23-2003, 04:48 AM   #5
sUpeD Up BiMmEr
3rd Gear Member

ok i dont no if ur implying that im not a real enthusiast or watever but i do turn it off
as i posted in the very first post
Pirelli tires w/ ,18inch custom model 71 bmw rims,ACS pedal set inc dead footrest ,ACS shifter and Short shifter kit ,ACS E brake,ACS front badge, Bilstein pss 9 coilover kit , Kamei eyelids, Tint, Viper Pager Alarm , Custom intake, Red Calipers, shaved trunk and door keyholes,oem clears all around, piaa bulbs all around and interior.
Old 08-23-2003, 01:28 PM   #6
crusher
OMGHI2U2

Send a message via Skype™ to crusher
turn off a/c and then ACS+T or DSC for u.. I feel that the a/c eats too much when doing a launch

Sold/Traded-in
2006 M5
2003 M3
2003 Civic Si
2000 M Coupe
1999 M3
1999 323i
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 01:46 PM   #7
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
Just leave traction control and DSC off if you're doing launches.

Also when you launch, do it at the right revs because if you don't, you're just going to bog off the launch and it's pretty easy to tell if you bogged or not.

I've never driven a 330 before so I don't know the right revs, however you just gotta play around till you find the sweet spot.

Also too much wheelspin will result in a crappy start. Again you may want to experiment but if you launch try dumping it and then try it again but slipping it just enough that you get that perfect launch.
Old 08-24-2003, 05:42 AM   #8
sUpeD Up BiMmEr
3rd Gear Member

all i turned off was my little asc button beside my shifter is there another buttom to turn off or is that it
does anyone know wat revs i should stick around to find my best launch
Old 08-24-2003, 05:48 AM   #9
Soldo
6th Gear Member

well with the revs, its basically trial and error, USUALLY somehwere around 3-4000 RPM, i would assume would be a good launch, but one thing to improve the launch, don't just DUMP the clutch when you launhc, you gotta sorta play with it, like go to the point where the clutch is about to grab, then sorta release it SLOWLY and once you start to sorta FEEL it griping, then release and give FULL throttle!
Old 08-24-2003, 06:09 AM   #10
sUpeD Up BiMmEr
3rd Gear Member

thanks solda i appreciate that
my car is much different from all the my other cars
i no my car has more potential and im just trying to find out without the really big trial and error period so i dont fuk anything up
Old 08-24-2003, 10:25 AM   #11
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
Quote:
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
don't just DUMP the clutch when you launhc, you gotta sorta play with it, like go to the point where the clutch is about to grab, then sorta release it SLOWLY and once you start to sorta FEEL it griping, then release and give FULL throttle!
Just watch out that you don't rev too much and burn out your clutch (like I've been doing accidentally )

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread