Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-16-2003, 04:00 AM   #1
badwhip
1st Gear Newbie

foglights with highbeams

can you change a relay and get the foglights to stay on with the highbeams if so which one?
badwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 12:40 PM   #2
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
Don't do it, it's illegal to have that many lights on in the front of your car at once.

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 02:05 PM   #3
moregothanshow
All Show No Go!

yeah what contra said.... something like more than 4 lights illuminated at the same time in the front of your vehicles is illegal i think....
Old 08-16-2003, 06:13 PM   #4
EstorilM3
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by djcontra
Don't do it, it's illegal to have that many lights on in the front of your car at once.
It is in Ontario, but he's in Ohio.
So, different rules apply there - however, it probably still is illegal.
EstorilM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 06:20 PM   #5
EstorilM3
3rd Gear Member

Re: foglights with highbeams

Quote:
Originally posted by badwhip
can you change a relay and get the foglights to stay on with the highbeams if so which one?
You should check with the authorities to see whether tha's legal first. Chances are, it's not.

That said, you probably cannot have the fogs lit at the same time with the high beams. The circuts are wired in a way to prevent it. A single relay won't help the criss-crossed wires.

Even in Europe nowdays (didn't used to be before - you could have low beam, high beam, fogs AND spot/driving lamps ALL lit at once - but that was a looong time ago) you cannot have the fogs with the high beams.

For off-roading, look for a good auto electric shop, and they may be able to re-wire it up so you can do so, but that's only for off-roading.
Check with authorities first.
EstorilM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 08:51 PM   #6
M3ti Compact
Fuel Efficient 318 Member

Yeah...you cannot have more than 4 "bulbs" (not including parking lights) lit at once in the front. But I want to convert it too...if a cop pulls me over, i'll just say that the dual headlights are 1 unit, and therefore count as one. And even still, the car came like that! What am I supposed to do!

I don't think cops will care at all in fact...if you see another car's headlights, you must turn off your high beams anyways...
Old 08-17-2003, 02:28 AM   #7
badwhip
1st Gear Newbie

i know its illegel just like speeding,window tint, and no front license plate and many other things. here in ohio we have deer everywhere and i want as much light as possible to see them. i want to let them still stay on with highbeams and low beams but if you turn off highbeams which arwnt supposed to be on when cops go bye it would be hard for them to give you a ticket.
badwhip is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: