Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-30-2003, 11:03 PM   #1
notjoe
600rwhp here i come

Send a message via ICQ to notjoe
What do you do if the dealership sold a car which you got but didnt report a crash?

Ok here is what happed. The guy working on my car (Which is done and I should have it back tomorrow) told me that the car had been in a previous bang-up besides what I had done to it myself.

So, I started to think and wonder about the car and decided to get the car history again. I started calling up the previous owners (which I should have done to begin with) just to get a little more history on the car and sure enough the car had been messed up, not once but twice.

It seems that someone has hit the car from behind, and on a different occasion that his kid drifted into a snow bank with it and caused a couple of k in damages. The guy also said that the hit from behind wasnít too serious either, neither of these crashes had been reported to the insurance companies, but that they had told this dealership (not the one I actually bought it from) about those two times but it seems like the dealership didnít say anything about those problems when they had sold it.

Anyways, the car had passed through several different dealers/wholesellers before it ended up in my hands.

Well, whatever the story is I know it isnít legal to sell the car knowingly unless it has been reported and it is quite possible the owns can fall on the guy who traded/sold it to the dealership. Someone along the line someone left out those facts and knowing that i paid way to much for this car.

Any good advice would be appreciated, and if you happen to know a lawyer or two who might know how to deal with this I would love to have their #

Last edited by notjoe; 07-30-2003 at 11:05 PM.
notjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 11:10 PM   #2
T-spec
6th Gear Member

I think that since it has been through so many owners since the origional accident your SOL. Sorry to hear man , I hope someone can give you some better advice.
Old 07-30-2003, 11:15 PM   #3
notjoe
600rwhp here i come

Send a message via ICQ to notjoe
Quote:
Originally posted by T-spec
I think that since it has been through so many owners since the origional accident your SOL. Sorry to hear man , I hope someone can give you some better advice.
Actually, i've heard that it can go as far back as to where they stop telling anyone about those 2 crashes. So even if it went through lets say 10 people, and it was the 5th person to drop those facts then they would be responsible/held accountable.

But this is stuff a lawyer could give a definitive answer on.
notjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 09:06 PM   #4
openwheel
Gamite's Lil E34 Bitch

Send a message via MSN to openwheel
Did you purchase the vehicle from a dealership or a used car lot, If so, you can try to call the Used Car Dealer Association and speak to Bob Pierce (416) 231-2600. He will be able to point you in the right direction. Anything further PM me and I should be able to help you with this
openwheel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: