Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa Classifieds **NEW** > Automotive
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #1
jamrobin
1st Gear Newbie

e36 318iS 5 spd trade?

Hey all... Mostly a curiosity post.

I am about to give my 318 to my daughter... but:
My alternator belt snapped and I ended up borrowing a car for the weekend and let her drive all weekend in an automatic and was amazed at the level of confidence she suddenly had in it. Even heavy traffic didn't phase her and she did quite well (would even say better than some of my adult friends, despite the fact that it's a front wheel drive boat)... she tells me it's because she isn't worrying about the shifting or about possibly stalling and being embarrased at a light or stop sign... Thus I'm putting out a feeler. Anyone got an automatic who would like to trade for a proper 5 speed? (cash equalization one way or the other depending on condition of both cars)

The car:
I have a lowered 1994 Arctic Silver with red cloth interior e36 318iS with M3 bumpers, side skirts, and spoiler that I was using as a dd and winter car for the last 3 years and babying my 1999 M3 vert. It's got just under 270 k km on it.
I used this car to teach my daughter how to drive, so the clutch is a bit worn but not slipping yet (however all the action is at the top 5" of the pedal now) It has new pads and rotors, and a recent new alternator. It has no rain cowl (was about to order one) and therefore the blower is noisy because it's been exposed for a while. I had it safetied in April for my own piece of mind before using it to teach my daughter)

The mods (lowering and M3 panels) were done to it by a PO, so I can't really answer questions about them except that I replaced the whole front bumper that was not quite M3 with a good repro and brand new fogs. (I can't see ANY difference to my real M3)

Aside from the bumper I've replaced:
Driver side window regulator (fall 2012)
Slip ring (winter 2012/13)
Alternator (spring 2013)
All 3 belts (when I did the alt)
Rotors and pads (Fall 2013)
Lots of plastic door panel and trim clips (I keep a bunch on hand since they fit both cars!)

Most interested in another e36 and, since it's for my teen daughter prefer 318 to keep the power down but that's not critical. Would consider other interesting RWD possibilities.

If there're any bites I'll post some photos or PM them.
Jamie
jamrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #2
jamrobin
1st Gear Newbie

LOL and another new alternator belt (tomorrow) ;-)
Old 04-20-2014, 12:36 AM   #3
jamrobin
1st Gear Newbie

Bump?
Replaced the blower motor this morning too so that's nice and quiet.

Everyone (but my daughter) wants a 5 speed so here's your chance to get out of your slush box and into one without paying for or going through the backache of swapping.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:28 AM   #4
jamrobin
1st Gear Newbie

LOL well, now it has a new crank position sensor too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: