Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 5 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-13-2014, 11:35 PM   #16
nizoo
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
Off topic but... I PM'd you today asking what your suspension/tire specs were cause your sig made me reconsider selling my style 66's : )

PMed you back
Old 04-13-2014, 11:43 PM   #17
taherm
1st Gear Newbie

@nizoo...thanks for the reply man, i know it's an old thread.

sorry to hear about your misfortune...really sucks when you do all your homework and still get screwed over. i will definitely take your advice and get it from Mike at Maranello. who is your mechanic that you decided to get it done at? and how much did you pay? again, appreciate the help.

just for clarification for others, nizoo's car is a 530i, while mine is a 540i...probably makes the difference in price that he quoted ($310). i was eventually quoted $418 maxbimmer forum member price. i'm sure it would have been cheaper with the return of the core, but i was told they don't do this anymore. i'm not sure what that is but correct me someone if i'm wrong.

i think i'll just bite the bullet and get the one from the dealership even though some are selling online for cheaper. i don't want a sketchy part from an unreliable source.

@nizoo, thanks again, but do let me know about your mechanic.
taherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:53 PM   #18
nizoo
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taherm View Post
@nizoo...thanks for the reply man, i know it's an old thread.

sorry to hear about your misfortune...really sucks when you do all your homework and still get screwed over. i will definitely take your advice and get it from Mike at Maranello. who is your mechanic that you decided to get it done at? and how much did you pay? again, appreciate the help.

just for clarification for others, nizoo's car is a 530i, while mine is a 540i...probably makes the difference in price that he quoted ($310). i was eventually quoted $418 maxbimmer forum member price. i'm sure it would have been cheaper with the return of the core, but i was told they don't do this anymore. i'm not sure what that is but correct me someone if i'm wrong.

i think i'll just bite the bullet and get the one from the dealership even though some are selling online for cheaper. i don't want a sketchy part from an unreliable source.

@nizoo, thanks again, but do let me know about your mechanic.
yeah man no worries, I honestly don't remember how much I paid, its been a while so. my mechanic is a family friend and he helped me out with a price a lot, he even charged almost half the amount for the second install, but it was still a pain in the A$$ to pay more money for something so stupid.

anyhow my mechanic is quite far from you, its here in Kitchener, I noticed you are in Mississauga.. I will PM you his shop name anyways. I don't trust many people with my car, but him I do, he worked for Mercades Benz in Toronto for 13 years or so...

I do recommend going with maranellobmw though, they get you the parts plus warranty for TWO years, parts AND labor..
Old 04-14-2014, 12:03 AM   #19
taherm
1st Gear Newbie

Oh okay cool. I think I'll just go with Maranello BMW as well...seems like the best option. Thanks again!
Old 04-14-2014, 12:56 PM   #20
nizoo
2nd Gear Member

Alright man, good luck! Oh one more thing, did you ever remove your Clutch Delay Valve? If not then have them do it for you, doubt they would charge you because its right in the face if you are working on the clutch! Totally worth it, Car wont be as jerky but be careful car will stall easily after doing that and it jumps if you stall it lol

Last edited by nizoo; 04-14-2014 at 01:04 PM.
nizoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:48 PM   #21
taherm
1st Gear Newbie

Hahhah yeah, sounds like a good idea...i will most definitely ask them to do it.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:01 PM   #22
windwagen
6th Gear Member

I forgot about the CDV.... M5 doesn't have one but touring does. It's nuts switching between cars!!! M5 clutch effort is about 3x too...

E39 528i Touring - Unicorn Package (5 Spd M)
E39 M5 - for Sunny Days
windwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:43 PM   #23
nizoo
2nd Gear Member

Yeah M5 doesnt have that, defenitly remove it! Car will feel so much smoother and more reaponsive
Old 04-16-2014, 11:28 AM   #24
windwagen
6th Gear Member

Heh heh... I was drag racing my buddy with a Subaru outback. Wagon vs wagon. So I thought I'd dump the clutch and smoke him... The only thing smoking was the clutch! damn CDV! Still beat the outback though....

E39 528i Touring - Unicorn Package (5 Spd M)
E39 M5 - for Sunny Days
windwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:15 AM   #25
nizoo
2nd Gear Member

lmaooo, yeah the CDV is quite annoying, made the car so jerky lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: