Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-22-2014, 06:58 PM   #1
Steve420
2nd Gear Member

general car delema/?

so my work truck recently munched its transmission (wont shift out of park into gear) while diagnosing the tranny the frame rail of my truck bent while jacking the truck. now i have to either replace my hydrolic pump and hope the trans holds. rebuild the trans or replace the trans with a rebuilt. with the other minor repairs my truck needs it doesnt seem worth it (though the motor only has 70k km on it) it was a cheap truck it doesnt owe me anything but it seems wrong to wreck a motor so young.

ive always had the feeling "your better off fixing what you have" because you know more about it but at what point does it turn to this car simply is not worth repairing? and that money and effort is better spent finding something closer to road worthy.

keep in mind this is not a beloved bmw but a beat up old work truck. i would like something newer and more reliable but realistically i dont have much to put towards a new truck at the moment. bail before it costs anymore? or should i listen to my hack mechanic soul and fix what i have? thoughts? feelings? experiences?

Last edited by Steve420; 03-22-2014 at 07:00 PM.
Steve420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:43 PM   #2
windwagen
6th Gear Member

Put the motor into the 318....

What truck is it?

E39 528i Touring - Unicorn Package (5 Spd M)
E39 M5 - for Sunny Days
windwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:52 PM   #3
Steve420
2nd Gear Member

its an old beat up 98 c/k 1500 4.3Lv6 today a friend sugested to check the torque converter bolts i did and they were gone hopefully this fixes it.

my 318 only has 112k km on it if its getting swapped ive got a couple m50s around that could be built into strokers on a budget.... but at the moment my budget for that is zero lol
Old 03-31-2014, 10:54 AM   #4
Steve420
2nd Gear Member

got my answer: torque converter bolts came loose and rattled out. the dirty old beast lives fixed it myself with some diagnostic help from some friends

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: