Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-08-2014, 12:29 PM   #106
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Not that it's necessarily E30 related, but I went to Nicklins this morning and pulled a set of seats from a second gen integra to maybe use in the E21... they should clean up fairly nicely...

And I cut these VDO gauges out of the console of an old VW Rabbit... yes, a bit of a sacrilege to ruin the console of an old Rabbit, but w/e they'll get over it... or they won't because they're too slammed...

Old 03-08-2014, 12:55 PM   #107
frankie591
3rd Gear Member

Any e30's there steve? Or other interesting bmw's?
frankie591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:25 PM   #108
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Nope. The only BMWs there were an E34 and an E39.
Last fall there were a couple E36's as well but they appear to be gone.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:45 PM   #109
Yamahammer
Warlock of the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie591 View Post
It was truly majestic.
Yamahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:46 PM   #110
Yamahammer
Warlock of the century

Those seats look like a good score!
Old 03-08-2014, 07:09 PM   #111
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahammer View Post
Those seats look like a good score!
Definitely. I figure if they won't work for me I can sell them on kijiji to some highschool kid for double what I paid for them at the wreckers lol
Old 03-09-2014, 11:01 AM   #112
Yamahammer
Warlock of the century

LMAO thats true.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:22 AM   #113
aviator
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
IDK personally I think it's hooligans like that that give our hobby a bad name but that's just my opinion...
those seats and gauges look like a sweet find... where do you plan to mount the latter in the dash?
aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:45 AM   #114
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Not sure. I'm not too familiar with the car yet as I pretty much bought it and put it straight into storage last year.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:18 PM   #115
Yamahammer
Warlock of the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
IDK personally I think it's hooligans like that that give our hobby a bad name but that's just my opinion...
those seats and gauges look like a sweet find... where do you plan to mount the latter in the dash?
It doesn't have a bad name, please don't bring negativity here.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:27 AM   #116
aviator
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahammer View Post
It doesn't have a bad name, please don't bring negativity here.
IK our hobby does not necessarily have a bad name but there are many people out there who have a poor opinion of those of us who "hop up" our road cars and participate in various autosports... if you want to engage in activities like burn outs and drifting then go ahead just do so at "sanctioned" events...

the person in the video was reportedly refused permission to participate in the "sanctioned" burn out area so he drove across a grass median through an occupied parking lot in a semi careless way and then proceeded to do a burn out" in the middle of said parking lot... essentially he was giving a childish middle finger salute to the event organizers...

This kind of activity is not just viewed by enthusiasts but also by the general public they are the ones who get on the phone to their local politicians who then make up more laws and ordinances the further restrict our freedoms.
Many modified cars get hassled by the police already for having "wings", "non-standard" exhaust systems and so on. that is one reason why the "Dark Nights" festival was cancelled a few years ago too many legal participants were being targeted by York/Durham/Metro/OPP.

The point I'm making is there is good PR and bad PR... Good PR having a rally/meet to honour Paul Walker and raising money for his charity, or having a multi marque meet like the German Auto thing in Kitchener [name slips my memeory just now lol], videos of a group on public roads obeying the law and having fun, making the roads more (automotively) beautiful places to be... Bad PR posting videos of street racing, burn outs on city streets etc.

It is a sad comment on society but we are all of us judged by the actions of a few scoflaws... the least of us if you will...
Old 03-13-2014, 07:25 AM   #117
frankie591
3rd Gear Member

ok you've said it. let's just move on from this.

In other news the cruel winter gods have seen it fit to once again crush my spirit and motivation to work in the garage. Hopefully by the end of the week i'll be out there again!
frankie591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:44 AM   #118
aviator
3rd Gear Member

agreed frankie...

you must be stronger than the gods... embrace the warmer days to come by wrenching on your beast(s)... give the interior a little detailing love... sit behind the wheel and visualize...

here's a little piece of automotive heaven to help you... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXgWWNJVdYA
Old 03-16-2014, 10:16 AM   #119
Ryan1212
Some sort of something...

Well, hopefully with the help of frankie my car should be off the trailer and into its new home, should be able to start working on it slowly again to finally get it running (aiming for end of may/early june at this point lol)
Ryan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:30 AM   #120
cheapthrills
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
In other news the cruel winter gods have seen it fit to once again crush my spirit and motivation to work in the garage.
+1. I did some work on my DD E46 in the garage on Saturday. I have a bunch of tinkering projects to do on the E30, but after finishing the work on the E46, I determined it was just too unpleasant to voluntarily hang around. Ever since the garage froze over in December, almost nothing has been accomplished besides DD repairs.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: